Piece of Heart
Pieces of Heart can be found in most The Legend of Zelda games. The amount that Link needs to collect in order to get a complete Heart Container is usually four, but in Twilight Princess it is five (to allow the developers to add more sidequests and such in the game without reducing the length of the main quest). Each game has a different amount of Heart Pieces that can be found. Some have only 12, and some have 44 or more. They are not rare, though some of them take a long time to acquire, such as the 50 Gold Skulltula tokens required to get one of the heart pieces in Ocarina of Time.
Heart Pieces are featured in 11 The Legend of Zelda games. They look different in most of the games, and below are pictures of how the Pieces of Heart look like in each game.
A Link to the Past
- Main article: A Link to the Past Heart Pieces
- Main article: Link's Awakening Heart Pieces
Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask
- Main article: Ocarina of Time Heart Pieces
- Main article: Majora's Mask Heart Pieces
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
- Main article: Oracle of Seasons Heart Pieces
- Main article: Oracle of Ages Heart Pieces
The Wind Waker
- Main article: The Wind Waker Heart Pieces
The Minish Cap
- Main article: The Minish Cap Heart Pieces
- Main article: Twilight Princess Heart Pieces
- Main article: Skyward Sword Heart Pieces
A Link Between Worlds
- Main article: A Link Between Worlds Heart Pieces
Breath of the Wild
- Main article: Spirit Orb
Pieces of Hearts are not available in Breath of the Wild, as they are replaced with Spirit Orbs, and they give Link the additional option of increasing his stamina. They are obtainable by clearing Shrines and total 120 (plus an additional 4 through DLC), though only 108 of those can be used for a maximum of 27 Heart Containers. Four Spirit Orbs are given per Container, which is given by Goddess Statues across the various settlements of Hyrule.