Zelda Dungeon Wiki:Featured Image Nominations
- 1 Process
- 2 Rules
- 3 Currently Nominated Images
- 3.1 Example
- 3.2 HH-Timeline.png
- 3.3 800px-Miniblinattack.jpg
- 3.4 ALttp_Link_Resting.jpg
- 3.5 ALttP_Link_vs_Geldman.png
- 3.6 Castle Town Credits TP.jpg
- 3.7 Arbiter's ground.jpg
- 4 Voting Archives
- 5 Currently Featured Images
An image is nominated here, and the nominator describes why the image is worthy of featuring in short intro which they then sign with their signature. The image should be included as a thumbnail the section header. Followed by subsections Support and Oppose. Each section will have a numbered list of people stating briefly why they support or oppose the image. Support and opposition votes count towards a running total, with support votes adding to the total and opposition votes subtracting from it. The initial nomination does not count towards the total. When the image is at positive or negative five points for at least a week, the voting is considered finalized. Anyone can retract their opposition votes if they believe that their concerns about the image have been met.
- Personal like or dislike of the subject is not valid grounds for approving or disapproving of an image's nomination.
- Each person gets vote once for or against each nomination.
- Sign each vote with your signature using ~~~~ and place it at the end of your vote on the same line, failing to do so breaks automatic numbering.
- Using multiple accounts to vote warrants an immediate three month ban on the main account and permanent ban on the alternates.
Currently Nominated Images
This is an example of a nomination.
- Support votes go here.
- Opposition votes go here.
Staff maintain a total of votes for nomination here.
HH-Timeline.png<< Locke >> 10:55, March 6, 2013 (CST)
- I support this image on the grounds of its overall significance. The scan of the page is of very high quality. Mases 12:10, March 6, 2013 (CST)
- Great quality image and I think it's perfect for the Timeline page, due to the high interest among Zelda fans in the official timeline I think this image will be very useful to visitors. Justac00lguy 09:27, May 2, 2013 (CDT)
- This scan is excellent. Its quality alone makes it worth a nomination, but the fact that it shows the entire history of the series in one page, makes it a sure-thing for nomination. Fused shadows 13:41, May 4, 2013 (CDT)
- While this image is of course significant, and it's a high-quality scan, the content is sort of meaningless as a picture feature. This is basically just a bunch of useful information, and that kind of thing doesn't make for a good image; it would make more sense to feature a timeline article instead, or to feature a more impressive but still timeline or Hyrule Historia themed image. A featured picture should be cool-looking, not just mostly information. --Axle the Beast 03:02, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
- I have a few problems with it. First of all, it's the idea that a timeline was finally released here that is what's notable, not the image itself. Second, it's not really unique. I mean that there are other Hyrule Historia scans that carry other interesting information too. There's nothing about the image itself that says "this is exceptional on its own." Having a timeline is cool and all, but... the image itself... not anymore than the rest of HH is.— Emma (Talk) 22:41, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
- I agree with Axle and Matt. Also, it's hard to read the text on the scan. ZD Wiki Editor (talk) 06:01, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
800px-Miniblinattack.jpgAxle the Beast 03:26, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
- I always loved this one. Surrounded by miniblins. They always travel in packs and this artwork captures that perfectly.— Emma (Talk) 22:41, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
- It's an epic image, and it also shows how miniblins battle. And the artwork is great. ZD Wiki Editor (talk) 06:05, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
ALttp_Link_Resting.jpgAxle the Beast 03:26, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
- Huh, is it wrong that I find this utterly adorable? Nice image, the quality is great. I love this piece a lot! Atticus 19:47, May 10, 2013 (CDT)
- Oh my gosh I love it! It is amazing artwork not to mention ADORABLE!!!Zeldazeldazelda (talk) 22:32, April 19, 2017 (UTC)
ALttP_Link_vs_Geldman.pngAxle the Beast 03:26, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
- I really love this image. Most of my reasons are listed above: it's not a well-known enemy (and not a terribly well-known image, either, in comparison to some artwork) and it's very high quality and great to look at. It's just such a cool image overall that I'd love for it to be seen on the front page. Heroine of Time 08:31, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
- Like I said before, this is definitely a quality image, probably one of the best looking pieces of artwork from the game in my opinion. Given the fact that it's from A Link to the Past is a plus as well, with the sequel coming out by the end of the year. Justac00lguy 09:51, May 8, 2013 (CDT)
Castle Town Credits TP.jpgJustac00lguy (talk) 16:06, July 14, 2014 (MDT)
Arbiter's ground.jpgJustac00lguy (talk) 16:13, July 14, 2014 (MDT)