Ocarina of Time Songs
These six songs are taught to Link by various characters found throughout Hyrule and each has a distinctive attribute.
- Main article: Zelda's Lullaby
Link will learn Zelda's Lullaby shortly after meeting up with Princess Zelda in Hyrule Castle. It is taught to Link by Impa and is the song of the Royal Family of Hyrule. It's primarily played whenever a Triforce symbol is found, including within Goron City, at the entrance of Zora's Domain, when changing the water level in the Water Temple, and at other times within some of the other dungeons.
Additionally, the song has some mystical properties, such as being able to cause fairies to appear while standing next to a Gossip Stone, as well as in other specific locations when Navi turns green. Link can also play this song to make sign posts appears after they have been chopped down.
Nintendo 64 - C-Left, C-Up, C-Right, C-Left, C-Up, C-Right
Nintendo 3DS - X, A, Y, X, A, Y
- Main article: Epona's Song
After Link meets Malon at Lon Lon Ranch, repeatedly talk to her and then pull out the Fairy Ocarina. Malon will teach Link Epona's Song. The song can be used to summon Epona and as an adult, it is essential to learn this song in order to escape Lon Lon Ranch with Epona. For a complete guide on how to acquire Epona, view the Epona Quest Guide. Despite it appearing as if it is of importance, learning Epona's Song and visiting Lon Lon Ranch all together is completely optional.
Nintendo 64 - C-Up, C-Left, C-Right, C-Up, C-Left, C-Right
Nintendo 3DS - A, X, Y, A, X, Y
- Main article: Saria's Song
After meeting Princess Zelda, Link can travel to the Lost Woods, where he will find Saria deep within the Sacred Forest Meadow. When speaking to her, she will teach Link Saria's Song. The song is required to progress in the main story on two occasions. First while in Goron City, Link will play the song for Darunia, who will then give Link the Goron's Bracelet. Later as an adult, Link must play the song to Mido in the Lost Woods, allowing him to pass on his way to the Forest Temple.
Throughout Link's quest, he can play Saria's Song and speak with Saria, who will provide Link with some hints on what he needs to accomplish next. Other times playing the song will just cause Link to chat with Navi.
Nintendo 64 - C-Down, C-Right, C-left, C-Down, C-Right, C-Left
Nintendo 3DS - R, Y, X, R, Y, X
- Main article: Sun's Song
The Sun's Song can be found in the Royal Family's Tomb in the Kakariko Village Graveyard. Link will first need to play Zelda's Lullaby to enter the tomb. After navigating through a few rooms, Link will find the tablet that has the notes for the Sun's Song. Playing the song will immediately cause it to become either day or night. This is particularly useful for a number of quests in the game.
Additionally, Link can play the Sun's Song whenever ReDeads or Gibdos are around, causing them to be stunned momentarily, allowing Link to get some free hits in. There are also a few specific locations where Navi will turn green within dungeons, and if Link plays the Sun's Song, a Big Fairy will appear.
Nintendo 64 - C-Right, C-Down, C-Up, C-Right, C-Down, C-Up
Nintendo 3DS - Y, R, A, Y, R, A
Song of Time
- Main article: Song of Time
After Link has acquired all three Spiritual Stones, once he makes his way to the drawbridge leading to the Castle Market, Princess Zelda will toss him the Ocarina of Time. Once Link acquires the instrument, a scene will play where Zelda will teach Link the song.
The Song of Time is required to open the Door of Time and obtain the Master Sword. Later, the song can be used on a number of occasions to move or to get Song of Time blocks to appear at various locations within the dungeons.
Nintendo 64 - C-Right, A, C-Down, C-Right, A, C-Down
Nintendo 3DS - Y, L, R, Y, L, R
Song of Storms
- Main article: Song of Storms
When Link enters the Windmill as an adult, he can speak with the Phonogram Man. After pulling out his Ocarina, he will learn the Song of Storms. The item is required to enter the Bottom of the Well as a child.
Nintendo 64 - A, Down-C, Up-C, A, Down-C, Up-C
Nintendo 3DS - L, R, A, L, R, A
There are a total of 6 warp songs that Link is required to learn to complete his quest. Five of these songs will warp Link to the various dungeons that Link will have to complete, with a sixth warp song leading back to the Temple of Time. All six songs are learned when Link is an adult and they are taught to Link by Sheik.
- Minuet of Forest - Learned when Link reaches the Sacred Forest Meadow. The song will warp Link right outside of the Forest Temple.
- Bolero of Fire - Learned when Link crosses the broken bridge in the Death Mountain Crater as an adult. It will warp Link right outside of the Fire Temple.
- Serenade of Water - Learned after Link has acquired the Iron Boots in the Ice Cavern. It will warp Link to Lake Hylia, just above the Water Temple.
- Nocturne of Shadow - After completing the Water Temple, when Link enters Kakariko Village from Hyrule Field, a cut-scene will trigger and he will learn the Nocturne of Shadow. The song will warp Link to the Kakariko Village Graveyard.
- Requiem of Spirit - After Link enters the Spirit Temple and then exits, he will be confronted by Sheik who will teach him the song. Playing the song allows Link to warp to the Desert Colossus, which is the only way Link can reach this region as a child.
- Prelude of Light - Link will learn this song after he completes the Forest Temple and returns to the pedestal at the Temple of Time. It will warp Link back to the Temple of Time.
- Main article: Ocarina of Time Scarecrow's Song
The Scarecrow's Song is a unique song that Link will create the notes for and it can be different from game to game. When Link is a child, he can make up the notes of the song and play it for Bonooru at Lake Hylia. Boonoru will remember the song and tells Link to come back and play it for him later. When Link returns as an adult, he can play the song once more to Boonoru. After doing so, there are 13 locations found throughout the Overworld and within Dungeons where Link can play the song, causing the other Scarecrow, Pierre to appear.