Door of Time
The Door of Time in Ocarina of Time
The Door of Time is a giant stone door that separates the chamber of the Master Sword from the main hall inside of the Temple of Time. It was sealed by Rauru to conceal the Sacred Realm and the Triforce.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Zelda tells Link that she intends to obtain the Triforce before Ganondorf does. However, in order to open the Door of Time and the path to the Sacred Realm, one must play the Song of Time on the Ocarina of Time and place the Spiritual Stones of Spiritual Stones of Forest, Fire, and Water on the altar. Zelda promises to keep the ocarina safe while Link obtains the Spiritual Stones. Eventually, after Link has obtained the three stones, Zelda is forced to flee the castle due to Ganondorf's attack, but she manages to throw him the ocarina as she leaves. Link then learns the Song of Time from her in a vision, and he plays it in front of the Door of Time to open it and find the Master Sword.
The Door of Time is found within the Sacred Grove, where the ruins of the Temple of Time can be found. However, instead of blocking the path to the Pedestal of Time, it serves as a portal into the past. When Link thrusts the Master Sword into its pedestal, a statue in front of the door is removed and he can go back in time to when the Temple of Time was complete. From there, Link can access the main section of the Temple of Time dungeon.
The Door of Time in Twilight Princess
- ↑ "With power stronger than both time and the Master Sword, Rauru sealed the Sacred Realm. The pedestal holding the Master Sword was closed behind the Door of Time, and the keys to opening the door (the Spiritual Stones of forest, fire, and water) were protected by their respective people." — pg. 77, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
- ↑ "We must not let Ganondorf get the Triforce! I will protect the Ocarina of Time with all my power! He shall not have it! You go find the other two Spiritual Stones! Let's get the Triforce before Ganondorf does, and then defeat him!" — Zelda, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "That's right... The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world. But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones. And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend..." — Zelda, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "While Link collected the three Spiritual Stones, Ganondorf launched an attack on Hyrule Castle." — pg. 86, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
- ↑ "With the help of Impa, Princess Zelda escaped from the castle. Spotting Link, the princess tossed him the Ocarina of Time, praying that he would protect the Triforce." — pg. 86, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
- ↑ "Link, when you hold this Ocarina in your hand... I won't be around anymore... I wanted to wait for you, but I couldn't delay any longer... At least I could leave you the Ocarina and this melody... This song opens the Door of Time..." — Zelda, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Link restored the three Spiritual Stones to their places in the Temple of Time, and opened the Door of Time by playing the ocarina. The legendary Master Sword that lay behind the door served as the final key to the Sacred Realm." — pg. 86, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia