Tingle's Balloon Fight DS
|This article describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.|
April 12, 2007
Tingle's Balloon Fight DS (チンクルのバルーンファイトDS) is an action-platform game released only in Japan, a spin-off title from the The Legend of Zelda series, featuring Tingle in starring role. This game is a second game that featured Tingle as main character after Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. The game features the classic 'Balloon Fight' setting and was released exclusively to Platinum ranked members of Club Nintendo in Japan.
The story of 35 year old Tingle challenges the "Balloon Fighting Spirit" of the bosom oak. Also, after some glitches, other playable characters can be played as such as Mario, DK, and Game and Watch.
Tingle's Balloon Fight DS has three different game modes:-
1) Mode A (Balloon Fight mode): Play levels 0-99 as Tingle, who has two balloons. Keep Tingle afloat as you collide with the enemies, pop their balloons, and hit the enemy's parachute on their way down. If they've fallen to the ground, you must knock them off the platform before they pump their balloons back up and return to flight. The fastest way to defeat them is to pop their balloon as it flies above water so that it drowns. When you defeat the enemies, a bubble will rise up the screen which can be hit for extra points.
However, enemies also will try to pop Tingle's balloons. If one of your balloons is popped, your flotation is decreased, making it harder to rise. You lose a life if both of your balloons are popped by enemy Balloon Fighters, if you fall in the water, get eaten by the large fish near the surface of the water, or if you get hit by lightning. Tingle starts with three extra lives; and once these are lost, the game ends.
After every three levels, you enter into a bonus level, where your goal is to knock down balloons that appear one after the other, collecting rupees along the way. Hit all twenty balloons for an extra bonus score. If you only have one balloon when you reach the bonus stage, your second balloon will be replenished.
2) Mode B (Balloon Fighting Spirit): Play mode A with 2-4 players (multi-player). Mode B game play is same as mode A. But, now you have human opponents to deal with. Player's 2–4 play as Tingle's brothers; Ankle, Knuckle, and David Jr.
3) Mode C (Balloon Trip): A side-scrolling mini-game where you navigate Tingle through the courses attempting to collect rupees. The screen scrolls from right to left, and you only have one life. There is no ground in this mode aside the starting platform and islands with signs that says "save". These islands work as checkpoints.
In this mode, you can find both stationary and moving lightning sparks. These lightning sparks can cause Tingle to fall if they make contact. You also can hit bubbles that flying up from the ocean to temporarily stop the stage from scrolling.
This game also features a gallery in the options menu, where twenty pieces of artwork can be unlocked. These are unlocked upon the player gaining high-scores, and completing certain modes of play.
- Tingle's Balloon Fight DS is a Tingle-themed remake of Balloon Fight for the NES. The game even has an option to play with the original music and sound effects.
- In Tingle's Balloon Fight DS, the Tingle Tower from The Wind Waker can be seen in the background.
- ↑ Tingle's Balloon Fight DS - Japanese Instruction Manual
- ↑ Gamefaqs - How to Unlock everything in Gallery by superspudz