Phantom Hourglass Trading Sequence
The Phantom Hourglass Trading Sequence is a relatively short sequence, compared to other games. It is comprised of only four trade items and the Swordsman's Scroll as a reward. This sequence involves trading with the people aboard the four Traveler's Ships and the Old Wayfarer.
After Link boards the Traveler's Ship belonging to the Man of Smiles and defeats the enemies that appear, the Man of Smiles appears and gives Link a choice of a normal item, a Treasure Chart, or a mysterious item, the Hero's New Clothes. Either way, the Man of Smiles will give Link both as a show of generosity. Link must then travel to the four other ships scattered throughout the World of the Ocean King to complete the rest of the sequence. The items given to Link are mostly useless other than to trade for another item, except for the reward, of course.
After completing the last trade with the Old Wayfarer and talking to him a second time, Link is told to return to Bannan Island to receive his prize. Once back at the Old Wayfarer's house, Link receives the Swordsman's Scroll, a mysterious scroll that allows him to execute the Great Spin Attack after three consecutive spins. After completing the Trading Sequence, Link can return to the Man of Smiles and if he saves him again from the enemies, he can earn a Prize Postcard, which can be mailed in t later receive Treasure or Ship Parts.
|Item Held||Item Is Given To||Ship Name||Area Of Sea||Item Received|
|None||N/A||Man of Smiles's Ship||Northeast Sea||Hero's New Clothes|
|Hero's New Clothes||Nyeve||Prince of Red Lions||Northwest Sea||Telescope|
|Telescope||Hoiger Howgendoogen||Ho Ho Tribe's Ship||Southeast Sea||Guard Notebook|
|Guard Notebook||Nyave||Guard's Ship||Southwest Sea||Wood Heart|
|Wood Heart||Old Wayfarer||S.S. Wayfarer||Southeast Sea||Swordsman's Scroll, once Link returns to Bannan Island.|
- ↑ "Oh, I am terribly sorry. You are the one who helped me...yes? I should do something to thank you. Yes, I will give you a present. Do you want a mysterious thing or a normal thing? [.]Mysterious[.]Normal" — Man of Smiles, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "Wah ha ha! I am feeling generous. I shall give you the normal thing too." — Man of Smiles, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "Wah ha ha! I am feeling generous. I shall give you the mysterious thing as well." — Man of Smiles, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "You got the Hero's New Clothes! They're...so light... View it from the Collection screen for now." — N/A, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "You got the telescope! Now you can see far-off things. No, wait... It's just a kaleidoscope! Too bad... For now, you can check it on the Collection screen." — N/A, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "You got the guard notebook! Someone lost this dirty leather notebook. For now, you can check it on the Collection screen." — N/A, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "You got a wood heart! It looks tasty." — N/A, Phantom Hourglass.
- ↑ "You got the Swordsman's Scroll! Memories of veteran swordsmen flow through it. You can now perform the great spin attack, [Link]! Do a spin attack three times to execute a great spin attack!" — N/A, Phantom Hourglass.