Bonooru is a character who appears in Ocarina of Time. He is a scarecrow with an exceptional memory for music that lives at Lake Hylia with Pierre. When Link first meets him as a child, Bonooru boasts about his memory. Link can take out his ocarina in front of Bonooru to make him ask Link to play a song. If it is one of the existing ocarina songs in the game or only one note repeated, Bonooru will be unimpressed. However, if Link creates an original song consisting of eight notes, then Bonooru promises to remember it. After this, the song can be played at any time, referred to as the Scarecrow's Song.
Seven years into the future, Bonooru is still at Lake Hylia and he claims to have remembered the song. Instead of proving it, though, he accuses Link of having forgotten and tells him to play it on the ocarina. He is impressed when Link plays it correctly, and then he explains that Pierre will appear in certain areas to help Link when he plays the Scarecrow's Song.
- ↑ "I am Bonooru, the scarecrow musical genius! I hear a song once, and I never forget it, baby!" — Bonooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Whoa! You have an ocarina! Hey, why don't you lay a tune on me with it, baby?!" — Bonooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Play it like that and you'll never move this scarecrow's heart, baby!" — Bonooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Well...not bad! I will remember it for you anyway! I don't mean I can remember only eight notes, but let's just cut it right there for now, baby!" — Bonooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ " You played the Scarecrow's Song." — In-Game Description, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hey! Aren't you the fairy buddy I met a long time ago? Wow, you grew, dude! Well, here's your song... What? No, I never forget! You, you're the one who forgot... aren't you? If you have an Ocarina, play that song, baby!" — Bonooru, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "OH YEAHHH!! That's it, that's the tune!! You rock!! I'm blown away! Oh, no, no! I didn't forget the song...I never forget anything! But I just feel like rewarding you, baby! ........ I have a good idea! My buddy Pierre is wandering around, so play that tune when you want to call him! I'll tell him to help you if he's nearby and hears that song, baby!" — Bonooru, Ocarina of Time.