Italicizing Game Titles
Hey, JC. Glad to see more large edits from you. I'm stopping by with a friendly reminder to italicize game titles. This can be done using a double apostrophe placed before and after the game title-Insert game title. Happy editing! ^^ A LINK IN TIME 15:34, February 23, 2013 (CST)
A Small Tip for Edits
Hey, JC! Glad to see you on the Wiki. We always welcome new contributors. I just wanted to say your edits are outstanding. There is one small issue I wanted to inform you of, however. When linking in a page, only do so once for each character, location, etc. mentioned. For example, if you write, "Link must travel to the Forest Sanctuary...", you don't have to link the words "Link" or "Forest Sanctuary" again on the page. Hope that helps. See you around. A LINK IN TIME 17:38, February 22, 2013 (CST)
- A LINK IN TIME is correct with one exception: We do link pages more than once, but only in Trivia sections. The title of the page -- the first time it is mentioned -- also goes in bold. If the title of the page is mentioned in a Trivia section, it also goes in bold, except this time it should be bolded every time it's mentioned. I hope this helps! Your edits are pretty good for someone who just joined. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone of us! Happy editing! Atticus 17:53, February 22, 2013 (CST)
Thanks for adding a pic to the Treasure Teller, i had no idea how to do it when i wrote it! -Teamwork Zomb23 19:30, March 31, 2013 (GMT)
- No problem, If you need to find pics for a certain game look up the categories on that specific game or upload your own :p Justac00lguy 22:50 March 31 ,2013 (GMT)
We're glad that you signed up so that you can edit, build, and shape the Zelda Dungeon Wiki! Before you start editing, why don't you check out some of these useful links and read these basic rules?
- Edit your settings. Make sure you have set up your settings to make the wiki work the way you want it. We have a bunch of customizations that we have spent time creating, and we hope that you utilize them to the fullest.
- Please treat all members with respect. We don't want to have to ban someone because there is an issue between our users.
- Use wikicode and link templates when making edits to properly format pages. Use templates often to save on coding everything.
- If you have some questions, instead of sitting around doing nothing, ask our administration team. They won't bite.
- Head to our help page to find some links to helpful pages that will teach you how to do many things on the wiki.
- Read the FAQ to find the answers to a few common questions.
- Please use proper grammar and strive for good edits.
- Always sign talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will automatically sign the page with your username and date.
- Use talk pages to talk about edits on pages. Do not participate in editing wars (i.e. editing a page over and over again to make the page what you think it should be rather than what another member thinks) as they are counter productive and will not solve the problem. Use the talk pages like they were meant to be used.
We hope that you enjoy your time here on the Zelda Dungeon Wiki and that you will help us make lots of really good edits. Keep in mind that the administration team will be watching for quality editors to bring them on to our site staff.
Do you have any initial questions? Feel free to ask on one of our staff talk pages.
Thanks again for joining! Can't wait to see you around!
-- 08:47, February 21, 2013 (CST)