- This article is about the trading sequence item from Oracle of Ages. For the trading sequence item from Ocarina of Time, see Broken Goron's Sword.
|Française||Epée Brisée (Broken Sword)|
|Español||Espada Rota (Broken Sword)|
|Deutsch||Kaputtes Schwert (Broken Sword)|
|Italiana||Spada Rotta (Broken Sword)|
"You got the Broken Sword! ...Hey! It's broken!"
The Broken Sword is the twelfth and final item of the trading sequence in Oracle of Ages. According to the Old Zora, it is a sword that a great hero gave his ancestors long ago. However, as its name suggests, it is broken, and thus cannot be used.
The Broken Sword can be acquired from the Old Zora, a senior member of the Zora race who can be found in a cave along the Coast of No Return. Once approached, the Old Zora tells Link that he misses the smell and sounds of the sea. He also mentions that back in the day he was the best Zora musician, so he longs for an instrument so he can relive his youth. Link can then give him the Sea Ukulele, at which point the Old Zora starts to rave about the smell of the ukulele and its sound. As thanks, he gives Link a Hero's Sword that a great hero gave his ancestors long ago. However, the sword is broken, and whenever Link asks about it, the Old Zora avoids answering.
The Broken Sword can be used to acquire the Noble Sword, the reward for completing the trading sequence. The Broken Sword must be taken to Patch, who can be found in a cave atop Restoration Wall in the Past. If Link climbs to the top and talks to Patch, he asks Link if he wants to fix his Broken Sword using Patch's Restoration Ceremony; the same ceremony used to fix the Tuni Nut, although it's slightly harder now. If Link successfully completes the ceremony, the Broken Sword is fixed, and turns into the Noble Sword. Furthermore, if Link is playing a Linked Game, and has already used the Clock Shop Secret to acquire the Noble Sword, the Broken Sword turns into the Master Sword instead.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 1.3 "That Ukulele has the spirit of the sea in it! That smell! That sound! That's good of you to respect your elders, kids! I see you're on some adventure. Well I give you something old... This is the Hero's Sword that a great hero gave my ancestors long ago!" — Old Zora, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "You got the Broken Sword! ...Hey! It's broken!" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Broken Sword It's broken?" — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "How I miss the smell and sound of the sea..." — Old Zora, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Back in my day, I was the best Zora musician. If I had an instrument, I could relive my youth." — Old Zora, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Give him the Sea Ukulele? ›Yes ›No" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "...What's that? It's broken..? ...Ah-Ahem!�� Ahh! Umm... What a great sound!" — Old Zora, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Ah! What fun! I don't even want to think about any Broken Swords, you know?�� ...No!!! I mean, I have the power to fix anything, so I have to do it." — Old Zora, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Heh, heh! I see. You want me to repair that ÿ. My Restoration Ceremony might fix it. ...Want to try? ›Yes ›No" — Patch, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "I haven't seen you in awhile.�� If you've come all the way up the wall, you must need something fixed. But my fun-- err, delicate ceremony, is more difficult now. Do you wish to try? ›Yes ›No" — Patch, Oracle of Ages.