|Française||Noix de Tuni (Tuni Nut)|
|Español||Nuez de Tuni (Tuni Nut)|
|Deutsch||Tuni-Gewinde (Tuni Thread)|
|Italiana||Noce Tuni (Tuni Nut)|
"You got the Tuni Nut!"
The Tuni Nut is a nut found in Oracle of Ages. It is the symbol of Symmetry Village and the citizens of the village worship the Tuni Nut. The village's balance of symmetry is kept by the nut and if something happens to the Tuni Nut, the village will fall into a severe state of imbalance.
As the Black Tower is closer to becoming complete, the village becomes stranger and stranger, and soon after, the Tuni Nut is broken and the balance of Symmetry Village falls apart, making the volcano erupt. While trying to find the next dungeon, Link visits the village in the present, destroyed by the time he discovers it. Finding a Time Portal in the ruins, he travels to the past in order to save the village from destruction. In the Middle House, the twins residing there tells Link the problems facing the village since of the Tuni Nut being broken and that she has given her husband the broken Tuni Nut. However, he cannot go to the Restoration Wall to restore the nut as his brother has been hurt from the eruption and left and right have to be in perfect balance, not letting himself move to keep up the perfect balance. Since Link won't cause the balance to further fall if he leaves the village, the brother gives him the Tuni Nut to take to the restoration guru, Patch.
After climbing up the Restoration Wall, Link finds Patch who fixes the nut by performing the Restoration Ceremony. Returning to the village with the fixed Tuni Nut, Link places the nut onto the pedestal in the Middle House, restoring the balance in Symmetry Village. Due to the restoration of balance, the volcano in the village stops erupting and the present-day Symmetry City is not in ruins anymore. In the present, Link finds the fourth dungeon of the game, the Skull Dungeon, is contained in the waterfall, which is the volcano in the past.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 1.3 "The closer the Black Tower gets to completion, the stranger this city gets. When the Tuni Nut broke, the city fell out of balance, and the volcano started erupting. The Tuni Nut is the city's symbol. We dutifully worshipped this nut. The rules of Symmetry City require that left and right be in perfect balance! But the Tuni Nut at the center of the city is broken! Symmetry City is all out of balance. If we don't get the Tuni Nut fixed and put back, Symmetry City will be destroyed by the eruptions. Do you understand? ›Yes ›No" — Middle House Twin, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "This nut is the symbol of Symmetry City-a city found in a distant corner of the world. If anything happens to this nut, the city will fall into a state of severe imbalance." — Oracle of Ages Manual, pg. 33
- ↑ "Tuni Nut The nut that balances all." — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "I've given the broken Tuni Nut to my husband, but he can't climb Restoration Wall." — Middle House Twin, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "The closer the Black Tower gets to completion, the stranger this city gets. When the Tuni Nut broke, the city fell out of balance, and the volcano started erupting. I want to take the Tuni Nut to Patch's place...�� But I can't leave the city alone. This is Symmetry City! Left and right have to be in perfect balance!�� My brother is too hurt to move, so I can't move either. If one brother goes somewhere, the balance between left and right will be lost. But someone has to go..." — Middle House Twin's Husband, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Hey! You can ignore the rules and leave the city! Can you take the Tuni Nut to Patch? ›Yes ›No Really? Thank you! I'll leave this to you! Patch lives at the top of Restoration Wall to the south! After you get the Tuni Nut fixed, take it to the house in the middle of the city and place it on the pedestal." — Middle House Twin's Husband, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Cracked Tuni Nut A nut in need of restoration." — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Hmm... Eh, heh! My ceremony succeeded! You are talented. You got through this trap--err, ceremony. Here is your ÿ, as good as new!�� As usual, I am perfect!" — Patch, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Hey! The Tuni Nut is fixed! Go place it on the pedestal in the Middle House!" — Citizen of Symmetry Village, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "The Tuni Nut is fixed! Can you place it on that pedestal?" — Middle House Twin, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Balance has returned to the city! Thank you!" — Citizen of Symmetry Village, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Now the volcano should calm down! I have to get that cave cleaned!" — Middle House Twin, Oracle of Ages.