Mamamu Yan's House in Lynna City in the Present
Can be traded for the Cheesy Mustache
"You got a Dumbbell!!! But there's only one!"
The Dumbbell is the sixth item of the trading sequence in Oracle of Ages. It is a single weight, and is part of a pair; however, Link only obtains one.
The Dumbbell can be obtained from Mamamu Yan, a dog breeder who can be found within her house in the southern area of Lynna City in the Present. If Link speaks with her, she claims to be the top breeder in town, and boasts about how cute her dog is, although she admits that it's very shy. She asks Link if he knows of a good way to hide it's face in order to alleviate it's shyness. After seeing Link's Doggie Mask, she says it's perfect, and asks to have it. Thankful, Mamamu Yan gives Link the Dumbbell in return, saying that Link deserves the toy that her dog played with.
The Dumbbell can be used to acquire the seventh item in the sequence, the Cheesy Mustache. The Dumbbell is traded to Thomas, a very skinny man who can be found in the basement of the Middle House in Symmetry Village in the Past. Because Thomas is so so skinny, he has to sway left and right in order to stay balanced. However, Thomas wants to change, and plans to do this by working out. However, he only has one Dumbbell, and working one arm at a time is against his policy. Link can choose to give Thomas the Dumbbell he got from Mamamu Yan, which makes Thomas happy, as now he can lift, lift, lift, and eventually get all the girls. He thanks Link be ripping off his mustache and giving it to Link.
- ↑ "Dumbbell A single weight." — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "You got a Dumbbell!!! But there's only one!" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "I'm Mamamu Yan, the top breeder in town. My dog is much cuter than that dog! Much cuter! But my dog is very shy." — Mamamu Yan, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Do you know of a good way to hide its face?" — Mamamu Yan, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Well!!! That mask!!! It fits my dog perfectly! Let me have that mask! Give her the Doggie Mask? ›Yes ›No" — Mamamu Yan, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Good boy! You deserve the toy that my dog played with!" — Mamamu Yan, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Sway right... Sway left... Move left, sway right... Move right, sway left... I'm so skinny... I wish I could change..." — Thomas, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ 8.1 8.2 "I know! I'll work out! Except... I have only one Dumbbell..." — Thomas, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Working one arm at a time... It goes against my policy... If I can't do left and right at the same time..." — Thomas, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "He seems to be fixated on your Dumbbell... Give him the Dumbbell? ›Yes ›No" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "That's it... What I wanted... Now I can lift, lift, lift... I'll get all the girls now, eh..." — Thomas, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "I'm so skinny... I can't offer you much... Umm...I know.�� Rrrrrip!�� Gotta work out!" — Thomas, Oracle of Ages.