The Weird Egg is a quest item from Ocarina of Time. Link can speak with Malon near the Market when he first reaches Hyrule Castle Town. Once there, she will request that he must wake up her father, Talon. If he agrees, she then gives Link the Weird Egg. After one day passes, the egg will eventually hatch into a Cucco. Link can hold the Cucco besides Talon who is sleeping near Hyrule Castle. This will immediately disrupt him from his slumber, causing Talon to run back to his daughter, Malon, and their ranch.
- ↑ "Are you going to the castle, fairy boy? Would you mind finding my dad? He must have fallen asleep somewhere around the castle. What a thing for an adult to do! Tee hee! Oh yeah, if you'll look for him, I'll give this to you. I've been incubating this egg very carefully... Tee hee!" — Malon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Set the egg to (C) to incubate it. Hee hee! My dad is really troublesome, for an adult, isn't he?! Hee hee!" — Malon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Look! A chicken hatched from the egg you were incubating! It's the miracle of life!" — Malon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "What in tarnation? Can't a person get a little shut- eye around here?" — Talon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hello, and who might you be? Yep, I'm Talon, the owner of Lon Lon Ranch. I went to the castle to deliver some milk, but I sat down here to rest, and I guess I fell asleep... What?! Malon was looking for me? I'm gonna catch it from her now! I messed up bad, leaving Malon behind to wait for me! She's really gonna let me have it!" — Talon, Ocarina of Time.