The Pocket Cucco is the second item in Ocarina of Time trading sequence, which grants Link the Biggoron's Sword in the end. It is obtained after the Pocket Egg hatches and is traded for Cojiro. The Pocket Cucco is a unique type of Cucco developed by the Cucco Lady that does not give her goosebumps from her allergies. It becomes happy by waking up lazy people.
First, Link must obtain the Pocket Egg from the Cucco Lady. The egg hatches overnight, so he must either go into an area where time flows normally and wait a whole day, or play the Sun's Song. After hatching, the Pocket Egg becomes a Pocket Cucco. The next step is to head into the large public house (its entrance is right in front of the Kakariko Village entrance). Link finds Talon sleeping on a bed there. Taking out the Pocket Cucco will make the cucco crow, waking up Talon, who is worried about Malon. If Link has already acquired Epona, he rushes off to his ranch. Link can then bring the Pocket Cucco back to the Cucco Lady, who comments on him being especially happy. Seeing this success, she asks Link to take care of Cojiro, her brother's Cucco who no longer crows.
- ↑ "I bred a new type of miniature Cucco! I call it the Pocket Cucco! I don't get goose bumps from this baby. Cuccos are very good at getting lazy, late-risers out of bed. Haven't you heard of them before? It makes them very happy to crow: CUCCKOOOO! especially when it wakes up a very heavy sleeper! However, my Cucco is not entirely happy right now... You..., You look like you're good at handling Cuccos. Here, take this egg. After the Cucco hatches, bring it back to me after a while, and I'll check out its mood." — Cucco Lady, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "You borrowed a Pocket Egg! A Pocket Cucco will hatch from it overnight. Be sure to give it back when you are done with it." — In-Game Description, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "What in tarnation? Can't a person get a little shut- eye around here?" — Talon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Ingo took over Lon Lon Ranch and they call it Ingo Ranch nowadays. I was kicked out of there, and look at me now! My girl, Malon, still works at the ranch... I'm worried about her..." — Talon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Did you save Malon? Thanks! I'm goin' back to the ranch, then! Yeehah!" — Talon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Oh, your Cucco looks pretty happy! He must have awakened an extremely lazy guy! You're a good Cucco Keeper! I'll give you a rare, valuable Cucco, if you're interested... Its name is Cojiro, and it used to be my brother's Cucco. Its blue body is quite charming. It's so cute! Since my brother has gone, it's strange, but Cojiro has stopped crowing." — Cucco Lady, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Do you want to keep Cojiro? Yes No" — Cucco Lady, Ocarina of Time.