Can be traded for the Mushroom
"Your is now a Megaphone! Give a shout!"
The Megaphone is the eighth item of the trading sequence in Oracle of Seasons. It can be used to shout loudly.
The Megaphone is obtained from Mittens' Owner, a man found in the area called North Horon, just north of Horon Village. Mittens' Owner's cat, Mittens, is stuck in a tree, and won't come down, no matter how many times her owner calls her. However, if Link talks to Mittens' Owner while with the Fish, he asks to have it so he can get Mittens down. Using the Fish, Mittens' Owner is able to successfully lure down Mittens. As a reward, Mittens' Owner gives Link the Megaphone, which he was using to try and call down Mittens.
The Megaphone can then be used to acquire the ninth item in the trading sequence, the Mushroom. The Mushroom can be acquired from Talon, who can be found in a cave on Mt. Cucco, sleeping. Link can use the Megaphone to wake him up, Which results in Talon jumping awake. Once Talon regains his thoughts, he realizes his slept through winter, meaning he can't reach the summit. On his haste to return home, he takes the Megaphone from Link, giving him the Mushroom in exchange.
- ↑ "Megaphone Used to shout loudly." — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Look! No matter how much I call her, my precious Mittens won't come down! If only I had her favorite treat-- Fish..." — Mittens' Owner, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Hey there! You have a Fish! It's Mittens' favorite food! Is that for her? :›Of course ›No" — Mittens' Owner, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Mittens! Oh, good kitty! Thank you! Oh! Yes! A reward... Here! Take this Megaphone!" — Mittens' Owner, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "ZZZ...the snow ...it blocks the...ZZZ..." — Talon, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "9 Wake him with the Megaphone ? :›Wake him ›No" — Talon, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ 7.1 7.2 7.3 "Huh? What? Who? This won't do! I slept clean through winter! Now I can't get to the summit... Oh, well. I'll go back home to Malon. I'll take that Megaphone if you don't need it. Have a Mushroom instead!" — Talon, Oracle of Seasons.