Spiritual Stone of Water
Defeat Barinade Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly.
Open the Door of Time
|Español||Zafiro de los Zora|
|Italiana||Zaffiro degli Zora|
The Zora's Sapphire is an item in Ocarina of Time. It is the Spiritual Stone of Water, one of the three Spiritual Stones.
Ocarina of Time
The Zora's Sapphire was passed down through the Zora for generations. Ultimately, it was given to Princess Ruto by her mother, who told her that she should only give it to the man who would be her husband
While feeding Lord Jabu-Jabu one day, Ruto was swallowed by the Zora deity, and dropped the Spiritual Stone , which ended up deep inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly. Since Ruto had been going inside Lord Jabu-Jabu since she was young, she went searching for it, but was stymied by the electric jellyfish and other oddities. However, she did send out a message in a bottle, which ended up in Lake Hylia. As part of his quest to retrieve the three Spiritual Stones, Link found the message and, using it to gain passage to Lord Jabu-Jabu, helped a reluctant Ruto to find the stone. However, she was immediately swept away and held captive by Barinade.
After Link kills the parasitic jellyfish, Ruto decides she likes him, and gives him Zora's Sapphire as an "engagement ring". Link later uses it - in concert with the Kokiri's Emerald, Goron's Ruby and Song of Time played on the Ocarina of Time - to open the Door of Time within the Temple of Time. The Sapphire remains on the Temple of Time's altar thereafter.
1998 Nintendo Power artwork
- ↑ "You obtained Zora's Sapphire! This is the Spiritual Stone of Water passed down by the Zoras!", Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "My mother gave it to me and said I should give it only to the man who will be my husband. You might call it the Zora's Engagement Ring! All right! I'll give you my most precious possession: Zora's Sapphire!" — Ruto, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Oh my goodness! I finally found... My mother's stone... I got very upset when Lord Jabu- Jabu swallowed it... While I was feeding him, he suddenly swallowed me! I was so surprised I dropped it inside... But, now that I've found it, I don't need to be in here anymore! So, take me home, right now!" — Ruto, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Are you still hanging around here? I told you to go away! I'm OK. I've been going inside Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly since I was little, but... Lord Jabu-Jabu is very strange today... There are electrified jellyfish and strange holes around... On top of that, my precious stone was...but... That's none of your business! Anyway... You! Go home now! Understand?!" — Ruto, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "...Huh? It looks like there is something already inside this bottle. It's a letter: "Help me. I'm waiting for you inside Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly. --Ruto PS: Don't tell my father!"" — Ruto's Letter, Ocarina of Time.