|Française||Masque de Renard|
|Español||Careta de Keaton|
"A mask of the ever-popular Keaton. Wearing it could make anyone popular!"
Ocarina of Time
"You borrowed a Keaton Mask. Wear it with (C) to show it off! You'll be a popular guy with this mask on!"
The Keaton Mask in Ocarina of Time is part of the Happy Mask Side Quest and is the first available mask in the Happy Mask Shop. The Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper in Kakariko Village wants it for his son, but has no time to get it due to guard duties.If Link brings the mask to him from the Happy Mask Shop, the guard pays him 15 Rupees for it (5 Rupees more than its actual price). The guard says he is going to give it to his son; however, he is seen wearing it for the remainder of the game.
"You got the Keaton Mask! This is Kafei's mask of memories."
The Keaton Mask is part of the Reuniting Anju and Kafei Side Quest. It belongs to Kafei, who wears it for most of the game. It was given to him a long time ago by the Man from Curiosity Shop when Kafei was just a child. After Link delivers the Pendant of Memories to Anju, he receives the Keaton Mask from the Curiosity Shop Owner if he meets him at 1:00 PM in the Back Room.
There are groups of bushes in North Clock Town, Milk Road and Mountain Village (in spring) that shake when Link slashes them. If Link slashes all of them while wearing the Keaton Mask, a Keaton appears and offers Link the chance to take on the Keaton Quiz, a quiz of events that have happened over the course of the game. The easiest way of hitting all the bushes is by spin attacking in the center of the circle made by them. An upgraded Spin Attack, acquired by returning all the lost Stray Fairies of the Woodfall Temple, makes the process even easier. Upon answering all the questions correctly, Link is awarded with a Piece of Heart. Each subsequent victory awards Link with 20 Rupees instead.
|This section describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.|
A Keaton Mask is worn by Young Link on the side of his head. It is purely cosmetic, serving no gameplay function.
Keaton Mask is also the gold (super-rare) material dropped by Young Link. This can be used to create badges in the Badge Market and mixtures in the Apothecary as a gold material. Badges that the material creates vary based on the character being upgraded.
- ↑ "Wha-ha-ha-hah! Do you think you're in disguise, Mr. Hero? Oh? Is that a "Kee...something..." character mask? I heard he's very popular recently? He's my boy's favorite. That "Kee...something..." mask... If you don't mind..." — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "You borrowed a Keaton Mask. Wear it with (C) to show it off! You'll be a popular guy with this mask on!" — In-Game Description, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "By the way, Mr. Hero... If you're going to climb Death Mountain, you should equip a proper shield! It is an active volcano, after all! If you go back to Hyrule Castle Town Market, you should check out the Bazaar. They sell the shield you need there. Tell 'em I sent you and they should give you a special discount! If you think you're good to go already, don't worry about it. Now, I'd like to ask a favor of you. No, I don't expect you to do it just because of the great tip I just gave you! I'm just asking! Have you been to the Happy Mask Shop that just opened in the Hyrule Castle Town Market? Everyone is talking about it! My little boy pesters me for a popular mask, but I don't have time to go there... So, could you go and get the mask for me next time you are in the Market? If you don't feel like it, that's OK, but... Well, I have no choice, this is my job... ...sigh... I wish I could go to the mask shop in town to buy a present for my kid... ...sigh..." — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Wha-ha-ha-hah! Do you think you're in disguise, Mr. Hero? Oh? Is that a "Kee...something..." character mask? I heard he's very popular recently? He's my boy's favorite. That "Kee...something..." mask... If you don't mind... Will you sell it to me?" — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "You sold the 10-Rupee mask for 15 Rupees. You earned a little profit. Let's go to the Mask Shop and pay back the mask price of 10 Rupees." — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "You got the Keaton Mask! This is Kafei's mask of memories." — In-Game Description, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "But when he showed up looking all young in that little brat body, I didn't know what I was seeing! All it took was one glance at that Keaton Mask he was carrying for me to realize that I was looking at my old friend. I gave him that mask a long time ago when he was just li'l Kafei. Didn't know he kept it that well for so long..." — Man from Curiosity Shop, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "I'm not sure why, but...I want to give this to you." — Man from Curiosity Shop, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "But you're a good child... Let me put you to a test." — Keaton, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Hee-hee-ho! Good! Very good! Take this prize!" — Keaton, Majora's Mask.