Ocarina of Time
The Magic Beans in Ocarina of Time can only be bought from the Magic Bean Salesman who first starts the price at ten Rupees, but from then on he sells them for ten rupees more than the previous price. There are only ten Magic Beans available in this game; after that, the salesman tells Link that he is sold out. The total cost for all ten beans is 460 Rupees. The plants the beans create are used to find Pieces of Heart, Gold Skulltula Tokens, and shortcuts. Magic Beans only can be planted as Young Link, but only Adult Link can use them, since it takes seven years for the plants to completely grow.
In Majora's Mask, Magic Beans can be bought from not one, but two people. One of them is the Bean Salesman from Ocarina of Time, who can be found in the Deku Palace. He gives Link one sample for free, but he must pay after that.
The other is a Business Scrub found in the Southern Swamp. He at first only sells them only to Deku Scrubs, but after giving him the Land Title Deed, he sells them to anyone in Clock Town. However, he refuses to let the client purchase them if they do not understand how the Magic Beans work, so Link must visit the Magic Bean Salesman first.
They cost ten Rupees at both locations. Magic Beans can be used to find secrets and are needed to complete the Swamp Spider House. In order to grow a Magic Bean, Link must water it by pouring Hot Spring Water on it or playing the Song of Storms; otherwise, it remains a sprout.
- ↑ "You got Magic Beans! Find a patch of soft soil, then press (C) to plant them in it. Who knows what will sprout up!" — In-Game Description, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Chomp chomp chomp... How about some Magic Beans? They aren't selling very well... How about... 10 Rupees for one piece? Yes No" — Magic Bean Salesman, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Oh, too bad! We're sold out! Chomp chomp...What? Oh, these beans are not for sale!" — Magic Bean Salesman, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Do you need any Magic Beans? They sprout leaves as soon as you water them. That they do, they do. Mmm, I'll give you one free sample, so try planting it in some soft soil. You can always buy more." — Magic Bean Salesman, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Thanks for stopping by! I'm doing business with a focus on a Deku Scrub clientele." — Business Scrub, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Oh! You're the one who gave me the land deed. Thanks to you, I've been able to do business in the place I've always dreamed of." — Business Scrub, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Oh, you don't know how to use magic beans? Then, I guess I can't sell you any..." — Business Scrub, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "It's 10 Rupees for one pod. I'll buy it No thanks" — Magic Bean Salesman, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Do you know what magic beans are, sir? I'll sell you one for 10 Rupees." — Business Scrub, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "You can plant 'em whenever you want, but if you don't water 'em, their leaves won't grow." — Magic Bean Salesman, Majora's Mask.