|This article is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
The Hero's Shield is a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series. This shield looks very similar to the Hylian Shield. In both Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker, it is later replaced with the Mirror Shield.
In Majora's Mask, Link starts the game with this shield and uses it for the majority of the game. That is until he finds the Mirror Shield, which is found Beneath the Well and acts in a similar manner to the Hero's Shield, but with exclusive properties and abilities. The Hero's Shield can also be purchased from the Trading Post in West Clock Town for 80 Rupees. It is likely that the design of the shield was changed from Ocarina of Time so as to allow newcomers to not be confused of the shield's origin, and has been modified to fit Link's younger body.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Link receives this shield as a gift from his Grandma before he embarks on a journey to rescue Aryll. Tetra will not let Link aboard her ship until he has something to defend himself with, therefore it is required to progress. Later in the game, inside the Earth Temple, it is replaced by the Mirror Shield. The Hero's Shield and the Mirror Shield have no differences defensively, aside from the Mirror Shield's ability to reflect light.
Breath of the Wild
This item is obtainable in Breath of the Wild, although it is an amiibo-exclusive. The player must scan the Zelda - The Wind Waker amiibo in order to obtain the shield. Scanning the amiibo will drop various items from the sky, along with a treasure chest, which has a chance of containing the Hero's Shield, but can also contain different items. The amiibo can only be scanned once per day.
This shield has a base defense of 65 and a durability of 90, making it one of the very best shields in the game in both respects.
Hero's Shield on the wall in Link's House in Breath of the Wild
Link holding the Hero's Shield while wearing the Hero of Winds Set
- ↑ "You got a Hero's Shield! Press (R) to assume a defensive position." — In-Game Description, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Hero's Shield Use with (R). Press (R) while Z Targeting to defend while moving." — In-Game Description, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Mirror Shield Used like the Hero's Shield, it can reflect certain rays of light." — In-Game Description, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Hero's Shield: 80 Rupees This is a great deal. I kid you not! Really!" — Man from Curiosity Shop, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "Hero's Shield: 80 Rupees I'll buy it No thanks" — Man from Curiosity Shop, Majora's Mask.
- ↑ "You got the Hero's Shield! This is the legendary shield said to have been used by the hero himself! Hold [R] to defend yourself. You can also hold [R] to defend while [L]-targeting." — In-Game Description, The Wind Waker.