- This article is about the twice-upgraded Kokiri Sword from Majora's Mask. For the twice-upgraded Master Sword from A Link to the Past, see Golden Sword..
The Gilded Sword is the strongest one-handed sword in Majora's Mask, dealing three times the damage of the base Kokiri Sword and one-and-a-half times the damage of the Razor Sword. In addition, it is a permanent upgrade, while the Razor Sword reverts after 100 strikes, or after playing the Song of Time.
Obtaining it is a slightly complicated process, which must be completed entirely within one three-day cycle:
- Link must enter the Mountain Smithy and ask Zubora and Gabora to upgrade the Kokiri Sword to the Razor Sword for a fee of 100 rupees before the Dawn of the Second Day. This will take 24 in-game hours. (If he does this while Snowhead is still in winter, he will need to melt their furnace with Hot Spring Water or a Fire Arrow to make it possible.)
- He must defeat Goht and restore Snowhead to spring.
- He must use a Powder Keg to open the Goron Racetrack and win the race as Goron Link, earning Gold Dust in the process.
- He must have completed all of the above and returned to the Mountain Smithy before the start of the Final Day, as there must be 24 in-game hours to reforge the Razor Sword.
With all the above sorted, he can hand over the Razor Sword & Gold Dust to the blacksmiths and retrieve the Gilded Sword before the end of the Final Day and moonfall.