||This article describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.
"With her powerful Book of Sorcery, this white mage has made it her personal responsibility to stop the evil overtaking Hyrule."
In Other Languages[show][hide]
Lana is an original character introduced in Hyrule Warriors. Known as the "White Sorceress", she takes her task of stopping the Dark Sorceress Cia very seriously.
In battle, Lana is proficient with magic, casting lightning spells and erecting barriers.
While on their quest to locate Zelda, Link, Sheik, and Impa stop at Faron Woods to help a village that is being overrun by monsters. There they encounter Lana, who is the leader of the group fighting off the enemies. She explains that she is a sorceress from the same magical clan as Cia. When Impa asks Lana what Cia wants from Hyrule, Lana merely replies that she might tell them if they help her defend the forest. After successfully driving off the monsters, the three heroes join forces with Lana to defeat Cia.
Upon traveling to the Valley of Seers, Cia steals the Triforce of Courage and the Triforce of Wisdom from Link and Sheik respectively, reforming the entire Triforce. She uses its power to open portals to three eras in Hyrule's history. Lana explains that a Gate of Souls opened in each era, allowing the monsters to enter, so the group decides to split up in order to work on closing all three gates simultaneously.
Lana heads to the Twilight Era, where the Twilight has covered Hyrule completely. She is unable to determine who is responsible for the attack, even with her sorcery. However, when Lana arrives at a village being attacked by monsters, she stops to help them, momentarily pausing in her quest to close the Gate of Souls. There she rescues Agitha. Although she has never seen the Gate of Souls, Agitha assures Lana that her Goddess Butterfly can lead them through the Twilight Realm to where they need to go. Unfortunately, as they follow the Butterfly through the realm, it is eventually captured by Midna, who believes it is poisonous. When Agitha explains that it is actually a butterfly that can guide one anywhere, Midna orders it to lead her to Cia, leaving Agitha and Lana behind to fight with her forces. After tracking down Midna defeating her, Midna realizes that Lana and Agitha are not working with Cia and teams up with them to get her own personal revenge.
The trio follows the Goddess Butterfly to the Palace of Twilight, where they come across Zant. With Midna's help, Lana finally defeats Zant and closes the Gate of Souls.
||Spoiler Alert! This section describes a subject that is sensitive to plot development.
Immediately after closing the gate, Cia appears in the Palace of Twilight. Midna angrily accuses Cia of trapping her in her impish form, to which Cia snidely comments suits her. In her rage, Midna attacks Cia, knocking off the sorceress's mask. Midna is shocked to see that the face beneath looks just like Lana's. Lana finally reveals that she and Cia were once the same person.
Later, Lana and Midna reunite with Link, Zelda, and Impa once all of the Gates of Souls are closed. Lana finally explains to the group that she is the light that was forced out of Cia when the darkness overtook her.
Soon, Link and Zelda's Triforces return to them, though they are unsure how. Lana insists that with Cia weakened by the lack of the full Triforce, it would be an excellent chance to attack. However, the group first decides to head to the Temple of the Sacred Sword in hopes that Link can claim the Master Sword, a weapon powerful enough to fight the Black Sorceress. Their mission is successful, and with the Master Sword in hand, they head to confront Cia at the Temple of Souls. However, Link becomes overconfident, and Cia almost defeats him. Only Lana and his other allies' intervention saves his life. The group of warriors follow Cia to the Valley of Seers to finish the battle once and for all. Determined to win, Cia unnaturally boosts her army's strength using dark magic, despite the cost to her own soul. Lana begs her to stop, knowing that her spirit cannot take it, but her pleas fall on deaf ears.
Finally, the warriors defeat Cia, and Lana rushes to her side. Weakened, Cia asks Lana how she continues on, even knowing that Link will not choose her in the end. Lana responds that she is able to live with the knowledge that she will not always get the person she believes she deserves. Cia admits that Lana was always her better half, and then vanishes. Lana takes the Triforce of Power that Cia left behind.
Finally, Lana creates three portals for their allies to return to their original eras. Using their three combined pieces of the Triforce, Lana, Link, and Zelda return Hyrule back to normal, restoring peace to the kingdom. However, shortly after, Lana steps away, announcing that she has to leave. Zelda asks if they will meet again, but Lana only responds with a short "good-bye" and then leaves.. It is now believed that lana the good half of the sorceress will still go on without her opposite in the future.
Lana can use one of three weapons: the Book of Sorcery (Spirits Tome-Acquired: Starting Weapon, Sealing Tome-Acquired: Sealed weapon in Scenario 6 "The Shadow King" in the Lower Level Keep, Sorceress Tome-Acquired:Scenario A-11 (Adventure Mode) A-Rank with Lana), the Spear (Deku Spear-Acquired: Sealed Weapon In scenario 4 "The Sorceress of the Valley" West Keep, Kokiri Spear-Acquired:Scenario F-7 in Adventure mode A-Rank level with Lana(You must first use an Item Card to locate it, Faron Spear-Acquired: Scenario H-12 in Adventure Mode using Lana and getting A-Rank (You must first use an item card to locate it), and the Summoning Gate (Gate of Time-Acquired: Scenario C-16 in Adventure Mode using Lana and getting A-Rank (You must first use an item card to locate it), Guardian's Gate-Acquired: Scenario B-4 in Adventure Mode using Lana and getting A-Rank (You must first use an item card to locate it), Gate of Souls-Acquired:Scenario A-16 in Adventure Mode using Lana and getting A-Rank (You must first use an item card to locate it).
- Main article: Badge Market/Lana/Attack
- Main article: Badge Market/Lana/Defense
- Main article: Badge Market/Lana/Assist
To complete all of Lana's badges in Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, the player must collect the following materials:
For more specific badge requirements, see the Badge Market page.
Lana with the Book of Sorcery
Lana with the Summoning Gate
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 Official character page (Japanese) — 白の魔女 (White Sorceress)
- ↑ Nintendo Facebook
- ↑ "Are you the one leading these warriors?" — Impa, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Yes, I am." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "You can use magic. Where did you learn your craft?" — Impa, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Oh, well... I'm a sorceress. You know the one who started this war? Cia? We come from the same magical clan." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "And what does this "Cia" want from Hyrule?" — Impa, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "You really want to know? Well... Help me defend the forest. If you do that, I might tell you." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Link and Impa decided to join forces with Lana to prevent further tragedy." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Once Cia possessed all the pieces of the Triforce... she used its incredible power to bend time and space and open doorways through the ages. Portals to three eras appeared..." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Lana explained to the others that a Gate of Souls had been opened in each of these eras, and it was through these gates that the monsters came. By opening these gates, Cia had released the fragment of evil's soul imprisoned in each of the other eras. The task before the heroes was therefore to travel through each portal and close its gate. Once all the gates were closed, they could begin repairing the damage Cia had inflicted on their land. With time growing short, Link and his allies split up to handle all three gates simultaneously. They each vowed to close their gate and return safely." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Lana stepped through her portal and found a jarring sight. Wherever she looked, the kingdom was consumed by shadow. Though she knew of the Twilight Realm, she had never seen it firsthand." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Lana's sorcery could not reveal who or what was causing the Twilight to cover Hyrule so completely." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "She soon came upon a small village beset by monsters. Her mission to close the Gate of Souls would have to wait..." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Lana had saved an unusual girl named Agitha from the Twilight." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Gate of Souls...? Never seen one before. But I can take you right to where you want to go!" — Agitha, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Um... How would you do that?" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "With this Goddess Butterfly, of course! It will guide us through the Twilight Realm." — Agitha, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Let it go! That insect is important!" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Why? So it can fly around and spread poison on my forces?" — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "What?" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "This is a Goddess Butterfly. If you ask it kindly, it will guide you anywhere you want to go. Isn't that nice?" — Agitha, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Guide me anywhere, huh? Hey! Butterfly! Take me to that ugly witch!" — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Oh my... Whatever should we do?" — Agitha, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Guess we'll just have to fight it out." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Fine, take the butterfly, but... Wait. You're not with the witch?" — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "No. Completely the opposite. We're heading to the Gate of Souls to try to stop her." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "You should have led with that! She and I still have some unfinished business." — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "A curious Twili named Midna also joined the party for reasons of her own." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "The heroes followed the Goddess Butterfly, eventually arriving at the Palace of Twilight. There they met a terrible foe. It was Zant, the Usurper King of the Twilight Realm. Lana and Midna would have to overcome his unnatural power to complete their task." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "You...worthless...wretches... I am the Twilight King! I will not be mocked by yooooooooou!" — Zant, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "You're a product of your own greed... You and Cia both... We cleared out anyone in our way! Now, let's seal the Gate of Souls!" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Lana? Whatever are you doing here?" — Cia, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Cia--!" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "She's the one! I'm cursed to look like this because of HER!" — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Well, if I must say, that look suits you. Quite fitting for a big-headed princess of Twilight..." — Cia, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Lana, her face... It looks just like yours..." — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "I am Cia's...other half. She and I were once the same person." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "We closed each Gate of Souls, putting things right with space and time. Next, we need to--" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Hey, hold on! Don't you have some explaining to do?" — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Er...yes. Cia and I... We're not just from the same clan... We're actually...the same person." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "But...how...?" — Zelda, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Something took hold of Cia and forced the light from her heart. I'm that light. I'm what was driven out of her." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "It's not clear exactly how, but Cia's powers should be a lot weaker. If we're going to counterattack, we've got to do it now!" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Zelda directed her forced to the Temple of the Sacred Sword in search of the one thing that could save them all..." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Link's brashness nearly cost him his life as shadowy doubles overwhelmed him. At the last moment, Link's allies salvaged a rescue from otherwise certain defeat. The Master Sword is a mighty weapon... but its true power can be us only by someone who understands the bonds of friendship." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "The Hyrulean army headed to the Valley of Seers to force a decisive battle." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "But Cia did not sit idle, despite her overwhelming advantage. She found new ways to fortify her troops using her own life force. The cost to herself was irrelevant, so long as she crushed her enemies." — Narrator, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Cia! Stop! Your spirit can't take much more of this!" — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "We've seen how this ends...and we both know he doesn't choose you. How do you do it...knowing you get left behind?" — Cia, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "You don't always get the person you think you deserve...and I can live with that.", Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "You always were...my better half..." — Cia, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Well, that's that! See you next crisis!" — Midna, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Let's put Hyrule back in order." — Zelda, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "There. Things should be as they were. And with that, I should go..." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Lana... Will we meet again?" — Zelda, Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "...Good-bye." — Lana, Hyrule Warriors