Fi is a character featured in Skyward Sword and is Link's companion throughout the game, aiding him by giving analyses and hints. She was created by the goddess Hylia and is the spirit of the Goddess Sword, residing in the sword. As Link's guide, she is wise with immeasurable knowledge, but is youthful like her master. Similar to Midna in Twilight Princess, her voice is gibberish, but uses a more computerized sound that gives the impression of artificial intelligence.
Fi resides in the Goddess Sword, which is located on the floating island known as Skyloft. Link finds and acquires the Goddess Sword after Zelda is taken by the tornado. Link wakes up and hears commotion in the hall outside, so he goes to investigate. After leaving his room, he sees Fi, and Fi proceeds to lead Link on a chase all over Skyloft, until finally Fi stops at the Goddess Statue. Fi has the ability to traverse from Skyloft to The Land Below. Fi also has a "treasure-seeking ability" known as Dowsing. Dowsing can be used to find important items, like keys, characters, and even Zelda herself. Another ability Fi has, is when you lock on to enemies you press down on the d-pad and Fi will come out and give you some information on the enemy, much like Navi and Tatl from previous games. This is called Fi-captioning by the creators of the game.
Fi has something to do with why Skyloft was separated from Hyrule. She is also somehow important to the forging of the Master Sword, but exactly how has yet to be revealed. Also, after Link's encounter with Lord Ghirahim, Ghirahim himself states that the Goddess Sword is the only thing that kept Link alive during their fight. Since Fi was created by the Goddess herself, she knows all this knowledge about the Surface and its inhabitants. When Link enters a new area, Fi comes out of the sword and announces where you are and a very brief blip about it. Also, when Link finds an upgrade or a new item, Fi comes out of the sword and tells you what the item is and what it does. When she talks to Link, she speaks in a strange way similar to Midna, and she refers to him as master. Why she acts this way is also, like her origin, a mystery.
|Spoiler Alert! This section describes a subject that is sensitive to plot development.|
At the end of the game, after Link fought Demise, she asks Link to put the Master Sword in a pedestal so she can go sleeping forever. Fi doesn't make any reappearance in the Zelda series.
|This section describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.|
Fi is a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. Like in Skyward Sword, she is the spirit that dwells in the Goddess Sword that is housed in the inside of the Statue of the Goddess. With extensive knowledge and a highly analytical mind, Fi thinks things through logically, bestowing wisdom and advice to those who hold the Goddess Sword. While having a young, feminine body made of a blue, metal-like material, she is genderless and does not have emotions. While most of Fi's storyline in Hyrule Warriors is unknown, Link meets Fi in the Statue of the Goddess when she is transported from the world of Skyward Sword into the world of Hyrule Warriors by Cia twisting space and time to fuse both worlds together.
Being an extremely agile character, Fi floats and moves in the air. Having a wide variety of actions and attacks, she can dance and transform into the Goddess Sword to attack enemies. Similar to her dancing, she can sing on top of a Trial Gate. Another one of Fi's attacks includes summoning the three Sacred Flames, and she is also able to create a Goddess Crest.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii UNintendo's flagship fighting game, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. In this game, Fi can be unlocked in the form of a trophy.
Fi giving Link a description of the Beetle in Skyward Sword
Fi dancing to attack Bokoblins in Hyrule Warriors
- ↑ "Oh youth, guided by the servant of the goddess... Unite earth and sky... Bring light to the land..." — Zelda, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Your name is...Fi? Dzzt! Should I call you Mistress Fi? Are you looking for something, Mistress Fi?" — Scrapper, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "The words I have sworn to keep secret are coming true before my very eyes. The youth will be guided by one born of the blade--one who is also youthful in likeness yet wise with knowledge immeasurable." — Gaepora, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "While her voice seems robotic and lacks any intonation, her emotions are expressed through her actions in key scenes with Link." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 12
- ↑ "Fi is the spirit of the "Goddess Sword" sealed inside the Statue of the Goddess in Skyloft." — Nintendo Console Gaming, Facebook Profile
- ↑ "With extensive knowledge and a highly analytical mind, Fi thinks things through logically and offers advice and wisdom to whoever holds the sword." — Nintendo Console Gaming, Facebook Profile
- ↑ "Its body is made of a blue, metal-like material. Although it has the appearance of a young girl, Fi is genderless and does not have emotions." — Nintendo Consoling Gaming, Facebook Profile
- ↑ "Once the worlds became fused together, Fi was transported from the world of Skyward Sword into the world of Hyrule Warriors." — Nintendo Console Gaming, Facebook Profile
- ↑ "Fi floats and moves in the air, and transforms into a sword to attack." — Nintendo Console Gaming, Facebook Profile