This is Pumm, the somewhat stubborn
Pumm is a character in Skyward Sword. He is the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin. He lives with his daughter, Kina, on the Pumpkin Landing to the southeast of Skyloft. He sells Hot Pumpkin Soup for 10 Rupees, and he is quite proud of the chandelier that hangs on the second floor of the building. He warns Link not to break it.
If Link ignores him and breaks the chandelier anyway, Pumm becomes enraged and orders Link to perform tasks for him to pay for a new one. He first sends Link out to deliver Pumpkin Soup to Eagus. However, the soup will become cold after five minutes, so Pumm warns him to deliver it quickly. Next, he asks Link to help Kina harvest the pumpkins. Finally, he requests that Link accompanies Kina's singing on the Goddess's Harp at night. If Link manages to perform well, then Pumm announces that his debt has been paid off and he purchases a new chandelier.
Every year, Pumm delivers a basin full of Pumpkin Soup to Levias. However, he says that this year he has been unable to deliver it due to the Thunderhead clouds. He is relieved when Link offers to take the soup to Levias instead, and he cooks up what he claims is the best batch he has made in a long time.
- ↑ "I'm impressed that a young man like yourself can appreciate the refined taste!
Just 10 Rupees a bottle. Interested?
- Fill 'er up! :No, thanks." — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "I get it. Sure. This place is good for more than just drinking soup. You can also meet some colorful folks here. Make yourself at home! But don't break anything or make a mess of my pub. Especially my special-ordered, custom-made chandelier hanging from the ceiling! I don't want to see you shaking it! Don't even look at it sideways. Am I clear?" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! Get down and come here this instant!" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "What is wrong with you?! Just look at what you've done!
You broke my fancy, custom-ordered chandelier!
You're going to be working for me for free until you pay off every single Rupee that chandelier cost me! Got that? Are you ready to own up to your responsibility?
- Of course! :No way." — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "That's right! And I'm going to hold you to that!
Let's not waste any time putting you to work. I need you to deliver my famous soup to Eagus, Skyloft's Knight Commander! The Knight Commander is a regular here. He says he can't get his day started without a bowl of my soup!
What do you say? Are you ready to deliver some soup to the Knight Commander?
- Yep! :Wait..." — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Listen up, kid. The Knight Commander hates cold soup! So you're gonna take this hot soup over to him. I'd say you've got to deliver it in less than five minutes or the soup will get cold!" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Oh! Looks like you were able to deliver the soup to Eagus safely!
I'll subtract your wages from the bill for the chandelier.
And if you think that we're even, you better think again!
Next, I need you to help harvest the pumpkins! And I'm not taking no for an answer!
- Fine... :No way!" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Ahh! You came! Let me see... What was it that I wanted you to do next...?
Hey! What's that?! That's a strange- looking instrument you have there...
Oh yes! You might just be surprised to hear that Kina is actually quite the singer!
It wasn't that long ago that she would sing for our customers!
But she had to stop because her partner quit.
Think you'd be willing to do a quick duet with Kina?
- Of course! :Nah..." — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "With this, I say we're even! You don't have to work for me anymore. Great job! You know, I'm going to buy a new chandelier to replace that old one! It really fancied up the place. Considering all the hard work you put in around here, I feel like I should give you a little something. Take this!" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "The next thing we have to address is just how to go about finding Levias. Maybe the owner of the Lumpy Pumpkin might know something. Every year he makes an offering of his pumpkin soup for Levias. Go to the Lumpy Pumpkin and ask him what he knows!" — Instructor Owlan, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Levias... What about him? Sure, I know Levias well, but I wasn't aware anything was wrong... Every year I offer him an entire basin full of my pumpkin soup! But lately a huge thunderhead has been brewing there, and I haven't yet made this year's offering. I tell you, I feel horrible about it!" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "You say you'll deliver a pot of my soup to Levias? Huh. I don't know how you plan to fly into that huge thunderhead brewing out there, but... If that's the case, I'm going to do everything I can to make Levias the best batch of soup ever!" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Voilà! Here it is! I've been cooking this stuff for well over 10 years, and I have to say this is the best batch of pumpkin soup I have ever created!" — Pumm, Skyward Sword.