His name is Machi. He is the most
Machi is a character in Skyward Sword. He is a member of the Kikwi race that lives in the Faron Woods.
Link first finds Machi curled up into a ball on the ground, being attacked by a pair of Bokoblins. Machi is playing dead. When Link defeats the two enemies, Machi initially thinks it is safe, but he becomes scared when he spots Link and runs away. Fi mentions that Machi causes a spike in dowsing readings that correlate with Zelda. As a result, Link chases after Machi, finding him hiding behind two mushrooms and eventually a tree. When Link at last catches him, he realizes that Link is not an enemy and introduces himself. He then comments on how he had earlier seen a girl of Link's race who escaped from trouble with the Kikwi elder, Bucha. Realizing that it is Zelda, Link sets off to find her, but only after Machi has asked him to tell Bucha about his location. When Fi materializes shortly after, Machi is terrified and tries to camouflage himself as a plant again.
The next time that Link sees Machi is just after he completes Skyview Temple. The Kikwi waits outside the entrance for him, wondering if Link had found his friend. He is saddened if Link forgets who he is.
Later, the Faron Woods area is flooded completely, forcing the Kikwis to stay on floating pieces of debris. Machi ends up on a lilypad with Lopsa, where he urgently tells Link that the flooding is the Water Dragon's fault. After the water is drained, he wanders around in the main part of the woods.
- Most Kikwi names seem to be derived from various teas, so it's likely that "Machi" references Matcha green tea.
- ↑ "Just play dead... Just play dead, koo-kwee... Play dead... Must think dead..." — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Huh...? It's gone quiet." — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Kwee-koo! Now there's a green one! I didn't even know they came in green!" — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Don't hurt me, koo-weep!" — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Master, I picked up a highly interesting spike in dowsing readings from the creature you just encountered.
- Really? :Zelda?" — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Yes, Master. Based on the creature's characteristics, I must conclude that it is a peaceful, forest-dwelling animal known as a Kikwi. Kikwis are intelligent beings capable of speech. However, such a creature could obviously not be confused with Zelda. It is unclear why such a creature would elicit a dowsing response attuned to Zelda. You should follow the creature and investigate this phenomenon." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Huh? You don't want to...eat me? Kwee... And come to think of it, why did you fight off all those red monsters?" — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Kee-paleep! I'm Machi. I'm a Kikwi. You seem OK, even though you're scary. Thanks for helping me!" — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "That's weird, kee-koo. A little while ago I ran into another funny animal like you, but that one was a girl.
- Who? :Zelda?" — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "A pack of those mean red guys were after her, kwee, but she escaped with the Kikwi elder." — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Kee-paleep... It sounds like you're set on finding this friend and the elder. If you're heading that way anyway, kwee, would you mind telling our elder that I'm safe? Cheer up, koo-weep! I bet your friend is safe with our elder." — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "You really spooked me, kwee... You keep some very strange company, friend." — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Hey! It's me, kwee! Did you find the girl?
- Who are you? :Not yet..." — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "What do you mean, who am I? Don't tell me you forgot your old buddy Machi! Now I'm sad... Koo-kwee..." — Machi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "All this started after the Water Dragon showed up, kera-kwoo! This flood must be her fault!" — Machi, Skyward Sword.