His name is Oolo. He is the most easily
Link first meets Oolo when Bucha, the Kikwi elder, asks him to search for his fellow Kikwis. Oolo is found hiding on a ledge, curled up on his stomach with his shrub-like back up in order to look like a plant. When Link tries to pick him up, Oolo is frightened and screams at him not to eat him. However, he then realizes that Link is looking for the Kikwis, and he gratefully tells Link to inform the elder of his location, although he plans on staying hidden for the time being. When Fi appears right after, Oolo is terrified and begins to shiver.
Later, Oolo is also involved in a side-quest to collect Gratitude Crystals. After Faron teaches Link her part of the Song of the Hero, Link can talk to Instructor Owlan. He asks Link to find him a new species of plant to study. Link can then talk to Oolo, who complains that his shoulders are sore from staying hidden for so long. Although the other Kikwis think it is safe, Oolo does not trust the newfound peace and he is frustrated by staying hidden all the time. When he wonders if there was some other place he could go to feel safe, Link offers to take him to Skyloft. Scrapper carries Oolo into The Sky with Link. If Link brings Oolo back to Owlan's room, Owlan is very excited and rewards Link with five Gratitude Crystals. At first, Oolo appears to be pleased with his praise. However, after a while he admits that he does not enjoy the instructor's scrutinity and tells Link that this new life is not much different from when he was in the forest.
- ↑ "I'm glad to hear that Machi is safe, yes, kwee, but I still worry about the other Kikwis. Three of my tribe are still unaccounted for. Could I convince you to search the area for them and make sure they are safe? Now if I could just recall where that girl went off to, kwee. Hmm..." — Bucha, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Don't eat me! I taste TERRIBLE! Let me go, kwee!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Huh? The elder was worried about me? I'm glad to hear he's safe, kwee!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "I'm Oolo. If you meet the elder, tell him I'm here, kee-paleep! I don't know if it's safe yet... I'm going to stay here awhile longer and wait for those monsters to go away." — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "What WAS that just now, kwee? Don't scare me like that!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "But you see...I have begun to fear that I have collected everything I can hope to collect. My plant collection now features every known species. I've started wondering if, in light of your travels, there isn't somewhere you might be able to discover something new for me. What do you think? Would you be willing to look for a new plant species for me? Perhaps something exotic... The kind that would turn a few heads?
- I'll try. :Maybe later.
- ↑ "Oh, hello again, kweek! I've been hiding out so long my shoulders are stiff.
- What shoulders? :Poor thing.
- ↑ "How rude! I do have shoulders, kweek--they're just not very pronounced! All I was trying to say is that constantly hiding from danger is a stressful way to live, koo-keek!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Everyone seems happy that peace has returned to the forest... But I don't believe it for a second, koo-kakoo! There's no way I'm going to give up and come out of hiding. Not ever, kee-woop!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "I bet there are still tons of horrible monsters out there waiting to scratch me and do mean things, koo-weep! We Kikwis have to spend our entire lives hiding like this just to survive, kwee-koo!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "But sometimes I wonder, keep-eep... Isn't there somewhere peaceful I can live without fear, without having to hide?
- There is! :I can help.
- ↑ "This...this is... Unbelievable! You've found me an entirely new plant species! It's precisely what I wanted!" — Owlan, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Hmm... Fascinating! Should this actually be classified as flora or fauna...? I mean, plant or animal? Hmm... You know, this may very well mark the discovery of a new type of species altogether!" — Owlan, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Keeee-paleeep! I'm not used to getting stared at like this. It's making me blush!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "This guy here says people will probably be surprised when they see me because I don't look like a plant, koo-kwee.
So in the meantime, kew-kaloo, I've been told to sit here and not move a leaf.This isn't any different from my life in the forest, kweee!" — Oolo, Skyward Sword.