Queen of Fairies
- This article is about the character in The Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures. For character in other games, see Fairy Queen.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, the Queen of Fairies lives in the largest part of the Mother and Child Isles. She can only be reached if Link warps there with the Ballad of Gales. Before Link rescues his sister, she will speak to him and say that it is not the time for them to meet, and that he must first save the girls in the Forsaken Fortress. She also mentions that there is someone else whom he must protect, referring to Princess Zelda. When he returns after meeting Zelda, she appears in a shower of sparks and introduces herself. Her appearance is like a child, and she holds a doll resembling the Great Fairies found across the Great Sea. She then grants him the Fire and Ice Arrows for his Bow. She tells him that he can use the Fairies in the fountain to ease his weariness, and then, right before disappearing, she says that he is "just her type".
|Queen of Fairies|
| Birthplace: Fairy Island|
Talent: Empowering arrows with fire and ice
She appears to be but a child, but she is much greater and more powerful than the Great Fairies. She will grant Link the power to add fire and ice to his arrows.
Four Swords AdventuresFour Swords Adventures appears on the final stage of Whereabouts of the Wind, Hyrule Castle. When the Links first meet her, she appears as a Zora-like creature. She explains that she headed to the castle to rescue the Shrine Maidens, but she was instead captured and split in two, forced into her current form. If the Links help her find her other half on the opposite side of the castle, she tells them to take her to the barrier preventing them from heading inside of the building.
When they arrive, the halves combine and she turns back into her normal form as a Great Fairy. Multiple Soldiers then appear, but she easily destroys all of them with a power similar to that of the Bombos Medallion. After they are gone, she breaks the barrier for them. Just before leaving, she promises to tell all of the Great Fairies around Hyrule to help them if they are in need.
- ↑ "Young waker of the winds... How did you manage to find this place? I am the queen of the fairy world. I have been awaiting your arrival. ...But now is not yet the time for us to meet. You still have many challenges to overcome. You seek to protect an individual very dear to you. Yes, I know of her..." — Queen of Fairies, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...But there is yet another in this world whom you must protect. Come visit my fountain again when you have met that individual...when the time has come for you to face new challenges. At that time, I shall show you my true self." — Queen of Fairies, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Tee hee hee! Tell me, little boy... Can you control the wind? Hee hee! So young, to have such power... How did you know to find me here? I am the queen of the fairy world! What is the matter, my child? Does that not surprise you? Young one..." — Queen of Fairies, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I am the queen of the fairy world! What is the matter, my child? Does that not surprise you? Young one... I like you. And so, I shall give new power to the bow that you wield. Ice Arrows can freeze the hottest flames, and Fire Arrows can melt the coldest ice." — Queen of Fairies, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "The fairies in this fountain will ease your weariness. Use them as you need to. Child... I must tell you... You are just my type. Tee hee hee!" — Queen of Fairies, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Who... Who is it? Who's there? You... You're not with those fiends who have taken over the castle, are you? Please, would you help me? I heard the maidens' cries and came running to find the castle a nest of fiends. They captured me and split me in two. That's why I look so horrible right now! Please, I beg of you. Reunite my two halves! Make me whole again!" — Queen of Fairies, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "Oh, happy day! Thank you! Now, at last, we can merge as one, and I can return to my true form! Please take me to the barrier that blocked your way. I'll do my best to aid you on your journey!" — Queen of Fairies, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]I didn't think I would ever be allowed to reclaim my true form as a Great Fairy again! Thank you so much, brave ones!" — Queen of Fairies, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]Uh-oh! It looks like those soldiers have noticed us. I'll take care of this!" — Queen of Fairies, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]So this is the magical barrier that barred your way? Allow me to take care of this." — Queen of Fairies, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]I'll let all of my friends throughout Hyrule know... "If you run into four travelers with one face, tend to their weariness and ease the burden of their travels!" There is a tradition that young, noble gentlemen rescue damsels in distress. And so, I leave the well-being of the maidens in your hands. Take care!" — Queen of Fairies, Four Swords Adventures.