Mrs. Marie is a character from The Wind Waker.
Mrs. Marie serves as the school teacher of the School of Joy, as well as leader of the Joyous Volunteer Association on Windfall Island. She adores jewelry, especially Joy Pendants, which she is seen wearing. Despite looking a bit flashy, she has worked as the teacher of the School of Joy for twenty years.
The Killer Bees
- Main article: Killer Bees
When Link first arrives at Windfall Island, Mrs. Marie doesn't recognize him and thinks he is a new student at the school. Mrs. Marie is having some issue with the Killer Bees, a group of four delinquents who never listen to what she has to say and don't show up to school. Mrs. Marie will task Link with talking to their leader, Ivan, to talk some sense with him. She thinks that the boys won't be as mean to a boy their age.
After Link plays hide-and-seek with the Killer Bees, the kids are sorry and ask Link to apologize to Mrs. Marie. When Link talks to Mrs. Marie next, she states that she knew what happened as she saw it all from her window. She thanks Link and will reward him with a Purple Rupee. Although Mrs. Marie tells Link not to tell anybody about the reward. After this point, Mrs. Marie thinks very highly of Link, stating that he thinks he will grow into a fine man as he gets older and someday his name will go down in history.
Since her birthday is fast approaching, the Killer Bees want to give Mrs. Marie a present in the form of a Joy Pendants They guide Link to finding one by rolling into the tree by the Bomb Shop. When Link shows Mrs. Marie a Joy Pendant, she is very flattered and knows it was the Killer Bees' idea. Their relationship is thus amended. While Mrs. Marie takes the initial Joy Pendant, she actually wants 20 of them. She will reward Link with a Red Rupee for the initial treasure.
- Main article: Cabana Deed
When talking to Mrs. Marie, she'll mention how many Joy Pendants that Link has given to her thus far. If Link gathers her 20 Joy Pendants, she gives Link the Cabana Deed to get ownership of the Private Oasis where she once settled on.
Hero's Charm or Treasure Chart
If Link gathers and gives her 20 more Joy Pendants, she'll gladly accept them. She will give Link, Treasure Chart 45. In the original version of The Wind Waker, she gives Link the Hero's Charm, allowing Link to see enemies' health bar.
- ↑ "Although I may be a school teacher, I have a certain...flair about me, don't you think? And let me tell you, I love jewelry more than anything else in the world! Hoo hoo! And why not? It's not like I can't afford it! Why, I have so much cash, I have my very own oasis cabana! But...I happen to be after a very particular kind of jewelry. You see, lately I have been rather taken with collecting Joy Pendants! Those are very rare trinkets that you can't buy at any store. They're quite amazing. Why, their color...and their shape... I feel as if I was destined to gather them! If you have any, please show them to me. Just set them to [Y], [Z], or [X]! Tell me, dear, do you know about the Joyous Volunteer Association and the work they do? The association's objective is to decorate our little town of Windfall with flowers and other small decorative items to make our town a better, more joyous place." — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I know I may look a bit flashy for a teacher, but I assure you I am one. How long has it been since I opened my school here on Windfall Island? Twenty years? Ever since then, I've been teaching the children of this island about true joy!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...What terrible weather we have today. Little boys shouldn't be out wandering around at a time like this! My, no!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Welcome to Mrs. Marie's School of Joy! I don't think I've ever seen your face around here before, my young scholar... Are you a new pupil?" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "But I do have a rather joyless problem... There's this delinquent gang of four young boys who never listen to a word I say. Even though I wait patiently for those boys to show up, they never come. It's as if they don't want joy in their hearts! Could you please catch their leader, that little boy named Ivan, and talk some sense into him for me?" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, thank you so much! You're such a dear. They're such troublesome little boys. I'm at my wit's end over how to handle them... But they won't be so mean to a boy their own age, will they? I should think not." — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You did it, didn't you...? You said something to those delinquents for me, didn't you, dear? You can't fool me! I watched it all from the shadow of my door! You really are a dear! You fill me with joy! I have to reward you... so here's a little spare change!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, and one more thing... Don't tell ANYBODY, dear!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "When it comes to children, my eyes never deceive me. Someday, dear, you will grow up to be a fine young man, and your name will go down in history... That's what I think, dear!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Listen up! It's gonna be Mrs. Marie's birthday soon. We were thinkin' of givin' her a present, so it was good that we finally got our hands on that thing... ...But we can't be goin' around givin' presents to people! No way! That just don't fit the Killer Bees' style! Come on, bud! Can't you give it to Teach' for us? Can't you? And it's not like we could ask just anybody to do it for us, neither. It's gotta be someone reliable, who can keep a secret... You're the only one we could ask, bud!" — Killer Bees, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "My dear! That's... A Joy Pendant!!! To tell you the truth, I love jewelry above all else! And that... Why, that is extremely rare and hard to come by. It's the hottest thing around, dear! Oh my, yes! I will happily take a single one from you! No, no! I insist! Only one. To tell you the truth, I'd actually like about 20 of them. But that would probably only happen in my wildest of dreams." — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You know, I've been a teacher here for a long time... It's tough to put one past me. That being said, I'm pretty sure I know who put you up to this, dear. Those little sweeties! I'm so joyful! It's the best birthday present I could ask for!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, you're the fine young gentleman who gave me a Joy Pendant present! How could I forget? How many did you give me again? [?]? My, but wasn't that nice! So! What can I do for you, young man? Talk to me Nothing" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I'll take precisely 20 of them, thank you. That will do just fine! My heart will be all aflutter! I don't know if you know, but 20 is my lucky number! And just as I promised, I will reward you for going out and collecting all these for me. I'm going to give you... A wonderfully splendid thing! Close your eyes, dear..." — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Dum-dah-DUM! You see, although I am but a mere teacher, I own my very own cabana in a tropical oasis down south. But lately I haven't made use of it at all, so you can have it! Ooh hoo hoo hoo hoo! It's all right, dear. You can stop gaping in amazement now! Now that you have this deed, that cabana is all yours! You OWN it! So whatever you do, don't lose this piece of paper!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmm... Are you giving these to me as well? But I told you I was perfectly satisfied with the 20 you gave me before! But my, you are such a persistent little dear! Since you are so insistent, I will accept them happily! ...Fine! I have no choice but to unleash pure joy on you! Prepare for an onrush of joy the likes of which you've never imagined!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "My goodness! When I put these together with the ones you've already brought me, they add up to a whopping [?]! Oh, thank you! THANK YOU! I'm so joyful!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...To receive so many mountains of these beautiful pendants... I am quite simply brimming with joy, my dear! To thank you, I have to give you my most precious of precious belongings! I shall give you...this very special piece of jewelry! Now, close your eyes, dear... This item is so rare, there is not another like it anywhere in the world!" — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A Joy Pendant!!! To tell you the truth, I love jewelry above all else! And that... Why, that is extremely rare and hard to come by. It's the hottest thing around, dear! Oh my, yes! I will happily take a single one from you! No, no! I insist! Only one. To tell you the truth, I'd actually like about 20 of them. But that would probably only happen in my wildest of dreams." — Mrs. Marie, The Wind Waker.