Salvatore is a very unenthusiastic character in The Legend of Zelda series.
The Wind Waker
When Link meets him on Windfall Island to play the Sinking Ships, he doesn't seem to care if Link actually chooses to play or not. When Link descides to play, Salvatore will put on a puppet show, explaining the rules. He puts on an accent, pronounciating words highlighting 'V's and 'Z's.
Just like the Sinking Ships, Salvatore will put on a puppet show of sorts when running the Barrel Shoot. This time however, he is playing the role of Gonzo, one of the crew members of Tetra's Pirates. Furthermore, if Link succeeds at the game, Salvatore will wear a panel where he appears to be Tetra.
Salvatore runs the Sinking Ships game 24-hours a day, where as he only runs the Barrel Shoot game during the daytime. At nighttime, Salvatore can still be found at the Barrel Shoot, but he is half asleep, telling Link to come back tomorrow.
Salvatore trophy with text from Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Randomly obtained.
Salvatore running the Sinking Ships game
Salvatore running the Barrel Shoot game
- ↑ "It's 10 Rupees per game for kids. You wanna play or what? Yeah No thanks" — Salvatore, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "No?! Whatever. Come back soon. Or not." — Salvatore, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Yeah, OK. Then, uh... AHEM!" — Salvatore, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Velcome to zee fleet! I am zee great Admiral Dolvalski! Look sharp, for vee are zee sole protectors of zis island! Admiral! Red alert! All hands on deck! Sonar shows that schools of deadly giant squid are approaching! All ships prepare for battle! VAT?!? VERE?!? Ah! Hoo! I see! Zee fiends approach! Zere are three squid groups: a large one, a medium one, und a small one! If vee allow zem to come any closer, zee children on zee island vill be in grave danger! Sailor! Take command of our new radar system to seek out and sink all of zese fiendishly hidden enemies! But be varned...you haff only 24 cannonballs zat you can fire. To destroy zee marauding squid pods, you must score four direct hits on zee large, three on zee medium, und two on zee small! Use [+] to move zee cursor und press [A] to fire a cannon blast! May your aim be true! Zat is all! Zat is all zee instruction you need!" — Salvatore, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "All right. Now then... Ermm... EH-HEM! Oh! Ho! Ho! So, you're the little shrimp who thinks he's a target-shooting hotshot, yeah? And you say this knowing full well that we are pirates who are so frightening that crying babies shut their mouths when we step into the room?! Har! This should be funny! Fine then, hotshot! If you can manage to sink the 5 pirate ships you see off on the horizon, we'll acknowledge your skills with a cannon, you shrimpy little landlubber! HOWEVER! We won't tolerate any comments about how the pirate ships look like barrels! And you get only 10 shots! You heard me! You can move your cannon with [+] and fire it with [A]. Watch the water plumes carefully when you fire, yeah?" — Salvatore, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Gonzo! You're at least an honorary member of my family, are you not?! So act like it! Don't lose your head! You're a talented little kid! ...I like you! As we promised, here's our treasure. It's yours, so take it!" — Salvatore, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Zzz... I'm already...closed... for today...zzz... Myum myum... Come again... tomorrow... ZZZzzz..." — Salvatore, The Wind Waker.