Mila is a young female character featured within The Wind Waker.
Mila is one of three girls, along with Aryll and Maggie, to be kidnapped by the Helmaroc King and taken prisoner to the Forsaken Fortress. This is due to her possibility of being Princess Zelda because of her Hylian ears.
Before being kidnapped, Mila and her father lived in the Hall of Wealth on Windfall Island. She was the richest girl in town. However, her father spent all of his money trying to save her, and they fell into poverty. In order to help her father out, she takes a job at the Windfall Island Shop. Mila's father praises his daughter for her actions, but he expresses concern over how she always sneaks out at night.
If Link visits Mila at night, she tells him to go away. As soon as Link turns his back, she takes off running. Link can wait for her at Zunari's shop, where she will return to try and steal from the safe. Link sneaks up behinds her and startles her. She quickly defends herself, claiming that she has not stolen anything yet, and begs him to allow her to explain the circumstances of her life that led up to this action. She describes how she fell from riches, and complains about Maggie, who has suddenly become wealthy. Finally, she tells herself to stop making silly excuses. Feeling relieved after having let out all of her feelings, she thanks Link. In order to show her gratitude, she gives him a Bottle, explaining that she found it on the beach.
- ↑ "I can believe it. After all, two girls from Windfall have already been kidnapped. Poor Maggie and Mila... It just breaks my heart to think about those two.", The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Both of their fathers are desperate to find anyone who can rescue their poor little girls... What kind of world has this become?! So much fear and suffering...", The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I...was once the richest little debutante in this town. Did you know that? But one day, a monstrous bird came and took me away to a terrible place called the Forsaken Fortress, where I was locked up and held captive. Oh, it was awful! My father spent every last Rupee in his coffers in an attempt to get me rescued." — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "That's right! Every last bit of our family fortune, gone... That was when my life of poverty began. Now, every day, from morning until night, I'm busy working for the open-air shop. So, as you can see, at least I'm trying to settle into my poor lifestyle. Doesn't that just tug at your heart strings? What do you say about the tragic events in my pitiable life? That's terrible That's kind of funny" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Just recently, my missing daughter, Mila, was returned to me. I didn't think I could ever feel more joyful... But then she went and started working at the shop to help out with our tight family finances! What a trooper! Could that girl be any more of an angel?" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Although...I do worry about how she always seems to sneak out at night... Is there any shop in this town that's open at night?" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Take off! Go away!" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Y-Y-You startled me...! Wh-Wh-What do you want? M-M-My heart is racing! You scared me!" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A...what!?! An... An ally of justice?! I-I'm not a thief! I swear! I haven't stolen anything! Well, yet. Please let me go! It was just an impulse! That's all! Just a bad idea!" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...Why won't you say anything? Does this mean you're mad at me? Could you at least listen to the circumstances in my life that led up to this moment? Please, you owe me that much! Sure Quiet, you!" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "And to make matters worse, for some reason I still can't figure out, that slob Maggie, who was the poorest girl in town, suddenly got filthy rich! Maggie, of all people! It makes me so mad that I want to do something terrible! Grrrr!" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "It's true... I know I'm quibbling over nothing... But being so poor weakens a person's very soul... But...it's time I quit making silly excuses for myself!" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Thanks to you, I didn't have to sink down to the level of a common thief. I will never do anything like that again! Ahhhh... What an amazing feeling! I've let all of my worries out of my heart. Wow! I actually feel refreshed!" — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Thank you so much..." — Mila, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Don't look at me like that! I didn't steal it! It washed up on the shore, so I picked it up. Don't tease me like that! It's a tiny bottle made of crystal-clear glass... It's so beautiful. I wish my soul could be that beautiful..." — Mila, The Wind Waker.