- This article is about the Rito leader from The Wind Waker. For the Rito leader from Breath of the Wild, see Kaneli.
The Rito Chieftain is a character that appears in The Wind Waker. He is the head of the Rito tribe found on Dragon Roost Island. He is highly respected as the Rito leader, and none of his citizens have any reason to dislike him.
The Rito Chieftain is the father of Prince Komali, and worries deeply about his son after he shut himself away when his grandmother died. When Link arrives on Dragon Roost Island to find Din's Pearl, he meets the Rito Chieftain. Explaining that Quill had told him all about Link, the Chieftain agrees to offer any assistance his people can give. However, their guardian spirit, Valoo, has been acting up with anger, so he cannot help Link immediately. At Quill's suggestion, the Chieftain asks Link to speak with his son, Komali, who has not been able to earn his wings due to Valoo's outbursts. When Link agrees, he tells Link to visit Medli, who then gives Link a letter from the Chieftain to deliver to Komali. The Chieftain hopes that Link's courage will help Komali. Komali, however, does not appreciate the gesture, and claims his father does not understand his fear.
Later, after Link clears Dragon Roost Cavern and calms down Valoo, Komali is able to get his wings and learns to look up to Link. The Rito Chieftain thanks Link in person for helping his son and his people.
|The Rito Chieftain|
Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "The Rito Chieftain Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island Head of the Rito tribe The Chieftain is a very gifted leader who is adored by his people. Due to his position, he must be strict with his relations, but as with any father, he worries about his son." — Rito Chieftain Figurine Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A letter from a father addressed to his son. Take it to Komali, the Rito prince. The Rito chieftain has asked you to do so." — Father's Letter Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ah. So, you are [Link], are you? Quill has told me all about you. A troubling tale, indeed... I insist that you let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. We shall do everything in our power to assist you." — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "However, in the meantime, we have a problem of our own to deal with... When you arrived on the island, did you notice the raging dragon perched atop the mountain?" — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "As chieftain of the Rito, my first responsibility is to solve this problem. My apologies, but I must ask you to wait for our assistance until this is done. Will you do so?" — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "As chieftain of the Rito, my first responsibility is to solve this problem. My apologies, but I must ask you to wait for our assistance until this is done. Will you do so?" — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Let me be direct. My son, Komali, is of the age to earn his wings... Yet...he is weak, in some ways...and in light of the current situation, he may just give up on ever getting them... What say you? Will you share some of your courage with my son? Will you meet with my son?" — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I have something I wish for you to give to my son. A young girl named Medli is holding it for me. Would you find her and take it? I am counting on you!" — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, me? I'm an attendant to the great sky spirit, Valoo. My name is Medli. Well, to tell the truth... I'm not an attendant quite yet. I'm actually still studying to be one. Oh, what am I thinking? Here! This is from the chieftain. [Link], he wants you to give this directly to Prince Komali." — Medli, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A letter? From my father? Oh, sure, telling me to be brave is easy enough for him... It's not like he's the one who went through that horrible experience... It's not like HE still has to go get a scale from Valoo." — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ah, [Link]! I hoped I would get the chance to thank you in person. Medli told me everything. I am extremely grateful for all that you have done. It seems you have helped my son, Komali, find his courage, as well. You have done so much for us!" — Rito Chieftain, The Wind Waker.