Willi is a character featured in The Wind Waker.
Willi is the younger brother of Obli and he was originally a carpenter working in Windfall Island. Like Obli, Willi has always loved the heavens and wished he could fly like the Rito. While he is not actually one of the Rito, he dresses up to make it appear as if he is one of them. Willi can be found along with his brother on the Flight Control Platform and both of them operate the Bird-Man Contest.
When Link arrives, Willi can be found at the lower level, blocking the ladder that leads up to the mini-game. He welcomes Link and is excited that he has come to Flight Control Platform. Willi explains the rules of the game, which are quite simple. Use whatever means available to use to fly as far as possible. Out in the distance is a banner, which is the distance where the current champion reached. This champion is actually Willi's brother, Obli. Willi will charge Link 10 Rupees to play, and then he will step aside so that Link can climb the ladder and meet his brother, Obli.
Depending on Link's performance, Willi will give Link some hints on how he can improve his distance. If Link performs very poorly, he mentions that the wind must be blowing in the appropriate direction in order to gain some distance. He will also encourage Link to use the updrafts to reach a further distance. After beating his brothers record, Willi will congratulate him and say that Link would be a very fine and distinguished member of the Rito tribe. Willi will then reward Link with a Piece of Heart.
Birthplace: Windfall Island
- ↑ "Greetings, O person who has surely come to take the challenge of the big sky! This is where you can register for the Official Rito Tribe Bird-Man Contest!" — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "And now, listen. You are free to use any means, methods or tools you have at your disposal to help you soar through the sky. The rules are simple: "See how far you can fly before you crash into the roiling seas like so much dead-weight driftwood!"" — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A banner stands now at the site where the Great and Talented Champion, who has flown the farthest to date, crashed into the frothy waves in a massive splash of glory! If you are able to pass that flag... then YOU will be the new champion! And you will be drenched in praise, much as you will be drenched in sea water!" — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "The participation fee is a mere 10 Rupees! Well? Will you take the challenge? I will Not right now" — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ohhhhh-kayyy! Then up the ladder you go! My brother awaits you up top!" — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmm... [?]? That's...not impressive. At the very least you ought to be paying attention to the direction of the wind when you fly. Think!" — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "[?]? I suppose that's about average. By which I mean, not even remotely in the league of the great and talented. Say, have you ever thought of flying into any of the updrafts you see out there? They can really boost your distance." — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "[?]? Well, you have some skill_that much is for certain. But let me teach you the secrets to pushing your distance further. First of all, the wind has to be blowing directly toward your goal. That's the only time you should be flying. Secondly, use the updrafts, and use them well. Keep these two techniques in your head when you fly... Just don't tell my brother upstairs! Trade secrets, you know!" — Willi, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Amazing... You blew past my brother's best record in impressive fashion! You would make a fine and distinguished member of the Rito Tribe! I guarantee it! The former champion upstairs says so, too! You are both great and talented!" — Willi, The Wind Waker.