Prince Komali is the son of the Rito Chieftain and the Rito Prince in The Wind Waker. He was born and raised on Dragon Roost Island, the home of the Rito people. He is very much a "Mama's boy", and loved his grandmother very deeply, and thus was very sad after her death.
Prince Komali is first found in his quarters, snuggled up on his bed holding Din's Pearl, which was given to him by his grandmother. It is the only thing that can calm him down; it helps him forget all the bad things. Komali's grandmother had just recently died, so Komali is very sad and grumpy. As part of the main quest, Link must bring Komali a letter, which is from the Chieftain and is addressed to Komali. After Komali reads the letter, he says that it's easy for his dad to tell him to be brave. He reacts angrily at Link after Link tells Komali that he will attempt to calm Valoo, calling Link a liar.
After Link travels through Dragon Roost Cavern and calms down Valoo, he meets up with Prince Komali at the entrance to Dragon Roost. Komali apologizes to Link for mistrusting him, and tells Link that he hopes one day he can be like Link. As thanks to Link, Prince Komali gives him Din's Pearl, saying that giving Link the thing he values most will give him the courage to stand up to bad things.
With Valoo calm, he gets a scale from the Great Dragon and receives his wings.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "A letter from a father addressed to his son. Take it to Komali, the Rito prince. The Rito chieftain has asked you to do so." — In-Game Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, you're the fledgling the chieftain mentioned, aren't you? I feel as though I should tell you, despite what he may seem like right now, young master Komali is quite a pleasant child... His father, the chieftain, is quite busy, but Komali's never once complained, though I'm sure he's been lonely at times. He's the chieftain's son through and through. However, his grandmother passed recently, and Komali seems lost. His confidence is... gone. His grandmother was always with him, you see. A great, great woman... That sparkling ball that the young master keeps with him was actually a gift from the great Valoo to Komali's grandmother." — Unknown Rito, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ 3.1 3.2 "Komali Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island Personality: Mama's boy Komali had very little confidence in himself and thus closed himself off from the world outside his tribe's aerie. With just a little help from [Link], though, he has regained his confidence and has at last begun to show signs of being a confident and mature Rito adult." — Komali Figurine Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "It's so pretty, isn't it? It's called Din's Pearl. My grandma gave it to me." — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "It's strange... Holding this calms me down. I forget all the bad things." — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, sure, telling me to be brave is easy enough for him... It's not like he's the one who went through that horrible experience... It's not like HE still has to go get a scale from Valoo." — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "What? Are you trying to say that YOU can calm Valoo down? Psssssh! That's just a big, fat lie! It's easy to SAY you can do anything! Bragging doesn't cost a thing! I'll tell you what: If you can find me someone who can get past all the obstacles on Dragon Roost to get to Valoo... THEN I'll listen to anything you say!" — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Um, I heard everything from Medli... [Link]... Thank you so much! I'm sorry I mistrusted you!" — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I hope I can be like you someday, [Link]." — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I want you to take this, [Link]!" — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Giving you the thing I value most will give me the courage I need to stand up to bad things!" — Prince Komali, The Wind Waker.