Kreeb is a character in The Wind Waker, resident on Windfall Island.
The Wind Waker
Kreeb can be found near the top of Windfall Island, near the windmill. The easiest way to reach him, is by entering the Sinking Ships mini-game, and then heading up the stairs to get back outside. Kreeb wears a distinctive yellow hat and spends his time next to the windmill, lamenting the fact that it no longer spins due to unfavorable winds. He is pretty confident that the windmill is not broken and all is needs is some favorable winds, and then the power switch can be hit to get it going.
The wind needs to blow to the north for it to get going. If the wind is blowing in any other direction, Kreeb will comment about which direction it is blowing in.
Link restarts it by using the Wind Waker to change the wind's direction to North and then stepping on the switch, located up the ladder just being the Sinking Ships game. Once the Ferris Wheel is operable, Kreeb seems excited that it is finally working. He encourages Link to take a ride on the Ferris Wheel.
Kreeb mentions that the tower was actually once used as a Lighthouse and it was a safety beacon for those at sea. However, the flame has long been extinguished. He bets that the lighthouse would still light up if somebody gave it a little spark. Link can ride the windmill to rekindle the lighthouse at the peak. Kreeb will then give him a Piece of Heart as a gift.
During the Endless Night, Kreeb can still be found standing outside, despite the constant thunderstorms. He comments that a little rain isn't bad at all and that he actually missed getting a bit wet.
Birthplace: Windfall Island
- ↑ "You know, this thing may look like a windmill, but it's actually a wind-powered ferris wheel! It used to harness the wind's power to spin in quite a nifty manner... But we rarely get a favorable wind around here anymore, so it doesn't budge." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I'm pretty sure it's not broken or anything, though, so if the wind blew in the right direction again, we'd just have to hit the power switch out back to get it moving." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmmm... It looks like a southeasterly wind is blowing right now." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmm... It looks like a southwesterly wind is blowing now." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmm... It looks like an easterly wind is blowing now." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmmm... It looks like a westerly wind is blowing now." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ummm... It looks like a northerly wind is blowing now." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmm... It looks like a northeasterly wind is blowing now." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Umm... It looks like a northwesterly wind is blowing now." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Well, would you look at that! The ferris wheel just started moving all on its own! Somebody must have started it up. I wonder who got the thing going again? I don't know who it was or where he is, but he must be one nice guy_assuming, of course, that he IS a guy." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Well, seeing as how it's finally moving again, you should go for a ride while you have the chance. You can jump into the gondola seats just around the corner from here! Trust me, little man, it's fun." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "This tower was originally used as a lighthouse for Windfall Island, you know. Yeah, it used to send a bright shaft of light onto the night sea_sort of a safety beacon. ...But that was quite some time ago. Even now, what's left of that lighthouse's illumination device still spins around up top, all night, every night. ...But its fire remains extinguished. Isn't that a sad story? And it doesn't have to be. I bet that thing would light up again if someone could just get a spark of fire inside it." — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Whoa! That's a pretty incredible wind we've got blowing right now! But...the funny thing about this ferris wheel is the fact that it doesn't matter how strong the breeze is_it still won't budge unless someone presses the power switch! I don't know why they didn't just make it work like a regular old windmill. That would have been way better!" — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A little rain once in a while isn't bad at all! I think I've actually missed getting wet!" — Kreeb, The Wind Waker.