Linda is a character in The Wind Waker.
Linda lives on Windfall Island and is best friends with Sue-Belle. During the daytime, she can be found standing at the higher end of Windfall Island, near where the Killer Bees are marching around. Linda can be seen wearing an orange outfit and will ask Link what he thinks of it. The clothes that Linda wears are a bit more unique and not something commonly worn. The outfit she is wearing was sent to her by Sue-Belle on Outset Island.
Throughout the game, Linda is completely oblivious to the affection her childhood friend, Kamo, shows towards her.
The Secret Couple
- Main article: The Secret Couple
As part of the Lenzo's Pictograph Assistant Side Quest, Lenzo tasks Link with finding a man and woman who are secretly in love with one another, but for whatever reason, they have not spoken. Lenzo cannot let this go and wants to become Cupid, archer of love.
Lenzo is referring to Anton and Linda. Wait there until Anton walks all the way around Windfall Island and then right by Linda. He stops for a moment, turns, and shares a glance with Linda. Link will need to take a Picto Graph, right when they exchange the glance. After showing this picture to Lenzo, he will comment that he didn't even know the extent of their passion for one another. He thanks Link and tells him that he is proud to call Link his assistant. This will complete the Pictograph Assistant quest, giving Link the Deluxe Pictobox.
- Main article: Playing Cupid
While standing around, Linda will see a lot of people walk on by, including Anton. She wishes that someone would stop and notice her.
Linda later speaks with Lenzo to have her fortune told. Lenzo tells Linda that she needs to have her Pictograph taken, and then show to the one who has captured her heart. This will cause true love to blossom. She notices that Link has a Picto Box and will ask him to take a Pictograph of her. She wants Link to capture her full body, as she wants to show off her outfit that she's wearing. After taking the picture, she asks Link to take it to her admirer. Linda then waits patiently, wondering when he will come, hoping he comes tomorrow.
Link will then have to show the Pictograph to Anton, who initially doesn't quite have the courage to ask Linda out on a date, but he eventually builds enough strength to do so.
After a full day cycle, Anton and Linda can later both be found at the Cafe Bar. Anton has finally worked up the courage to ask Linda on a date and it was the right move, as Linda likes him. Linda comments that the two of them are going to start dating and asks Link if they make a delightful couple. She awards Link with a Piece of Heart. She is so thankful that Link delivered her Pictograph to Anton, as it is what brought the two of them together. After another day goes by, Anton and Linda can then be seen in the center of town, just outside of Mrs. Marie School of Joy. They are so happy and thankful to Link.
Birthplace: Windfall Island
- ↑ "Well? What do you think about my outfit? ...You don't see clothes like this often, do you? Aren't they so cute?" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A friend of mine who lives on Outset Island sent this outfit to me. She's an amazing girl. She can put jars on her head and walk around like it's nothing at all! You have to see it to believe it!" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Very good! Next is, at long last, my final command! Open your heart and mind and listen to what I say..." — Lenzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Somewhere in town is a couple, a man and woman whose hearts are secretly filled with thoughts of the other, and yet for reasons unknown, the two have never spoken. Even when they happen, by chance, to pass each other in the road, they each steal a brief, furtive glance of the other, but they suppress the longing in their hearts..." — Lenzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I cannot let this tragedy go on any longer! For the sake of the town and my own desire to help these two poor souls... I shall become Cupid, archer of love! These two are timid burglars in the house of love...and you must capture a pictograph of them thinking their furtive thoughts!" — Lenzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "And young master [Link]... If and when, hope beyond hope, you manage to complete this third task... Then shall you be my number-one pupil! Oh ho ho ho ho! Does that not excite you? ...Good luck to you, young sir!" — Lenzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh-ho! This is a finely snapped pictograph indeed! ...I had no idea these two would get along so splendidly! You can see the love there, hidden but thriving. Even I, who have lived in this town for so many long years, did not realize in the slightest the extent of their passion. You have done well, [Link]." — Lenzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Now then, my young sir... You have completed all of the tasks I set you to. My doubts about you have all been cleared up! I shall hereby be proud to call you my assistant, [Link]! And to reward you further for your fine efforts, I offer you this! The elderly lady next door tells me it has value, of sorts." — Lenzo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You know something? When you stand here, you see a lot of different people pass by. This is a brand-new outfit, you know. I just wish someone would notice it." — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "He told me that if I send a beautiful pictograph of myself to the one who has captured my heart, true love will blossom in return..." — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "So I couldn't help but notice...that you have a Picto Box of your own, don't you? Do you think you could take a pictograph of me to the apple of my eye? Maybe he'll notice my affections... Leave it to me! Keep me out of this!" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Really?! How splendid! Be sure to get my good side! Oh! I want to show off this outfit, so don't just take a pictograph of my face. Can you be sure to get my whole body in the pictograph?" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "After you do your little "CLICK! CLICK!" and take my pictograph, be sure to take it to him for me!" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Maybe... He'll come tomorrow!" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hey! It's you! Listen to this, will you? I...DID...IT! I worked up my courage, and I talked to her, and it was totally the right move! You know why, buddy? She likes me! She actually likes me!" — Anton, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Everything's coming up roses for me... Life IS good, buddy!" — Anton, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "The two of us...are going to start dating! Don't we make a delightful couple? I'm so happy! And that's why I want to share some of our happiness with you! Take good care of it!" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You delivered my pictograph, didn't you? Well, it looks like that was what brought us together... Thank you so much!" — Linda, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I'm so happy! And you, Linda... You're so swell!" — Anton, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Thanks to you, Anton and I have grown so close to one another. ...Thank you so much!" — Linda, The Wind Waker.