Link's quest begins on Outset Island and it is where Link gets his first sword, loses his sister, and leaves his grandmother to set off on his journey to find Aryll. Later in the game, Link must return to Outset Island to retrieve a Triforce Chart from the Savage Labyrinth, where a Piece of Heart is also located. Link's grandmother becomes sick, but after Link brings her a fairy she becomes well again and decides to make Link her special Elixir Soup.
From then on, Link can go back at any time to fill his bottle up with some of the soup, which replenishes all of his hearts, fills up his Magic Meter, and temporarily boosts his attack power until he gets hurt. Also, on the island are three wild pigs which Link can give to Rose, the mother of the two little boys, as presents. When Link returns in the game, however, it is implied that their family ate all of the pigs except for one, which grew five times its size and is named after Link. Outset Island is one of the few islands large enough to house people.
Fishman and Tingle Tuner
I heard that beneath the big-head boulder
We're close to
- Aryll's Lookout - A tall watchtower that overlooks the island. It is where Link's quest first begins.
- Mesa's House - One of four homes on the island and the only one on the west side. It is the home of Mesa.
- Orca and Sturgeon's House - Home of Orca, Sturgeon, and Sue-Belle. Where Link acquires the Hero's Sword from Sword Training.
- Abe and Rose's House - Home of Abe, Rose, Joel, and Zill.
- Grandma's House - Home of Grandma, Link, and Aryll. Where Link acquires the Hero's Clothes and Hero's Shield.
The Pirate Ship docked at Outset Island