Abe is character who lives on Outset Island in The Wind Waker.
Abe is the husband of Rose and father of Joel and Zill. Link first meets Abe when he is crouched down on his knees, hunting a black Pig. He tells Link that he wishes to capture the pig and give it to his wife as a present. Abe then teaches Link a technique on how to sneak up and catch a pig. He also suggests that Link could just distract the pig with All-Purpose Bait. If Link moves to fast he will frighten the pig.
When Abe was a young man, he was very popular with the ladies. But one day, one woman, who turned out to be Rose, was the only woman he wanted. After a few tries, he finally got Rose to marry him. He loves his family very much, and wishes for them all to be happy. The whole reason he wants to give his wife a pig is because she always wanted a pet, and he thought that a wild pig would be the perfect present.
If Link catches it by sneaking up on it, he can bring it to Abe's wife, who then gives him a red Rupee as a reward and subsequently names the pig after Link.
After Aryll is kidnapped by the Helmaroc King, Abe shows his more cowardness side, but encouraging Link not to set off on an adventure to save her.
At nighttime Abe can be found with the rest of his family inside of his house. He warns Link of all the nasty things that have been happening outside at nighttime, suggesting to Link that he stay inside at his house and not come out until the sun rises.
Abe crawling, trying to catch a Pig
- ↑ "I just saw a wild...a wild pig! Ooh! See? Look! That black one there... Don't you see him? This is perfect! My wife was just telling me how she really wanted a pet... You ready to go grab it, [Link]? Now, you can't just run up on it! Pigs are too alert about their surroundings for you to just jog up and capture one. If you want to get close to one, you have to hold [R] to crouch and tilt [+] to crawl slowly up behind it. Slowly... You could also distract it with bait, I guess." — Abe, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Remember, you can't frighten those oinkers! Hold [R] to crouch and use [+] to slowly crawl up behind them. And then POUNCE!!! ...Or you could just give them bait." — Abe, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "[Link], your sister, Aryll... She's... Don't tell me... You're not going to board that ship and try to save her, are you?" — Abe, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Listen, I can imagine how you must feel... but think about it for a second! Setting out like this means many long hours of toil and hardship lie ahead of you. Are you really prepared to see this quest all the way through to the end, without giving up halfway through, [Link]?!" — Abe, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Nasty things have been happening here at night ever since you left on that boat... You'd better head home early today... And don't come out to play until long after the sun has risen tomorrow." — Abe, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "It's too dangerous to walk around outside at night. I'm being serious, here. If you want to play with the boys, come back after the sun has come up. The boys will be here waiting." — Abe, The Wind Waker.