Kane can be found standing near the Mailbox by the dock on Windfall Island. He describes the residents of Windfall Island as thinking of the place as a paradise. Most of the residents would never even think of setting out and exploring the Great Sea. Kane really admires the gate that leads to the main part of Windfall Island. It gives him a feeling of relaxation and the reminder that he's home.
His old dream used to be becoming an artist, but he ended up becoming a sailor instead. He he is still somewhat of an art critic. When Link places a decoration on top of the Windfall Island gate, Kane will critique it depending on what decoration is placed. If Link places a Postman Statue or a Shop Guru Statue on top of all pedestals on the gate, Kane will reward him with 50 Rupees.
At nighttime Kane can be found at the Cafe Bar, sitting down and having a drink with Dampa. He wonders what a kid like Link is doing at a place like this at such a late hour. During the Endless Night, when Tetra's Pirates come on shore at Windfall Island, Kane has heard the rumors, but doesn't actually believe them.
Birthplace: Windfall Island
While there is no direct connection, two sailors can be found right on the dock at Windfall Island, named Candy and Kane.
Kane in the Cafe Bar
- ↑ "'Tis a peaceful place, this here island... The people here would never even dream of leavin' their little paradise and settin' sail on a voyage at sea, know what I mean?" — Kane, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Why, this town is full of faces that don't even show the slightest interest in the sails of a ship. Are we sailors the only ones? Has no one else set out on the Great Sea?" — Kane, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "The sea's a fine thing, to be sure, but it's not until I get back to town again that I can really relax, know what I mean? And when I see the area around this fine- lookin' gate we got here... Well, that's when I really start feelin' good. Yeah, that gate in particular just says... "At long last, you're home, boy!" ...I s'pose that's the feelin' I'm talkin' about. That comin'-home feelin'." — Kane, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "That huge gate there at the entrance to town is one of Windfall Island's most famous features. No matter how much I see it, I never get tired of it, you know?" — Kane, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Heh heh... What are you doin' in a place like this at such a late hour? Isn't it bedtime for all the little brats?" — Kane, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Have you heard? There are pirates here on this island now. RIGHT now! Well, that's what they say, anyway. ...Me, I don't believe it." — Kane, The Wind Waker.