Ilari is a character that appears in The Wind Waker. He is a postman of the Rito tribe. He usually delivers to Windfall Island. While on Dragon Roost Island, Link can find Ilari outside on a wooden walkway on the second level. He suggests that Link visits the Flight Control Platform.
Later, Ilari is involved in a sidequest with Maggie and her Moblin lover, Moe. After Link delivers Maggie's Letter to a Postbox, he returns to the Auction House to find Ilari arguing with Maggie's Father, attempting to deliver a return letter from Moe. Though Ilari pleads with him to listen, Maggie's father orders him to leave, claiming that he does not allow postmen in his house. Ilari complains about how he went through many difficulties to get the letter safely from Forsaken Fortress and begs him to at least sign or acknowledge his presence, but he refuses. At last, Ilari's temper bursts and he storms away, muttering that he needs to "cool his feathers".
Link later finds him in the Cafe Bar. He apologizes for his behavior. He explains how frustrated he is by Maggie's father and says that he will be a failure of the trade if he cannot deliver it. He asks Link if he would be willing to give it to Maggie for him. If Link accepts, he thanks him and decides to stay in town for a while to relax before heading out to his other deliveries.
- ↑ "We're holding our traditional Bird-man Contest on that little island over there. Why don't you give it a try?" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...Honestly! You just don't understand, do you?! Open up your ears!" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Silence! I'm telling you we don't allow postmen here! Begone! Begone!" — Maggie's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Don't be ridiculous! I went through great trials and tribulations to go all the way to the Forsaken Fortress and return with Moe's letter..." — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Then, please! Be reasonable! Can you at least sign for the letter?!" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Just acknowledge I was here!" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "SILENCE! Begone! Begone!" — Maggie's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "RAAAAAAWRK! Foolish man! Now you've made me angry! I cannot even look you in the face any longer, or I fear I might... ...I must go somewhere to cool my feathers!" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh! It's you! I'm sorry you had to witness me fly off the handle like that at Maggie's house. I'm most embarrassed. That man just...never mind." — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "To tell you the truth, though... I came to deliver a letter addressed to Maggie from a Moblin named Moe, but as you saw, the girl's stubborn father won't permit me to give it to her. What a stubborn, meddling old man... Refusing to accept letters from the postman? Who's heard of such nonsense!?" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I went to great trouble to go all the way to the Forsaken Fortress, and it was a most frightening ordeal, let me tell you! ...If I don't deliver this letter, then I am a failure of the delivery trade... But..." — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Actually, though... I have an idea. That old fool may not permit postmen on his premises... But surely he would allow YOU in the place, would he not? Could you deliver this letter to Maggie in my stead?" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "What do you say? I'll do it Actually, I'm busy" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I'm counting on you to put this in Maggie's hands. And I thank you." — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ahhhh, that lessens the weight on my shoulders by quite a bit! How nice! Perhaps I'll do a little sight-seeing here in town before I go! ...Although I do have other deliveries waiting to be made..." — Ilari, The Wind Waker.