When Link first meets him, Mila's father is a rich man who lives in the Auction House on Windfall. If Link visits the lower floor and breaks the expensive pots down there, he scolds him. If Link does so again, Mila's father forces him to pay 10 Rupees per vase. While he lives upstairs, at nighttimes he rents out the first floor of his house for the auction house, run by Zunari. During the Endless Night, he comments that because of the storm, it looks like there won't be an auction this evening.
However, if Link speaks to him on the upper floor of his home, Mila's father is revealed to be pacing around. Mila was taken away to the prison in Forsaken Fortress, and he cares for her very much and is quite worried. He has asked many people to rescue her, but none have succeeded. At last, he asks Link to do the job for him. He promises to pay him, claiming that he would spend his entire fortune to save her.
After Link rescues the girls from the fortress, Tetra and her pirate crew take Mila and ransom her to her father. He loses all of his money paying them for her release. When Link next speaks with him, he is dressed in rags and complains about Link's failure without realizing that it actually was Link who saved her.
He praises his daughter for her efforts to help their new situation, describing how she took a job at Zunari's Shop. He also expresses his concern over how she often sneaks out at night. Worried that she is doing something bad, he asks Link to find and stop her at night if he catches her in the act.
Mila's Father concerned about Mila
- ↑ "You little WEASEL!!! Well, thank you SO much for coming into my home and breaking my high-priced vases! ...If you break any more, I assure you that I shall not let it go lightly! No, sir! Not at all! I shall require compensation!" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Do you think you can just break someone's vases and leave without paying for them? I must chortle at your naivete! Ho ho! Those happen to be extremely high-class bone-china vases that run a minimum of 10 Rupees each!" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...When you break someone else's vases, it's only natural that you compensate them for the loss! You, my boy, are in the wrong because of your destructive tomfoolery! And now, because of you, I'm going to be even richer...and I was quite rich before! The world is a cruel place, isn't it?" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "It would seem that there won't be an auction this evening, wouldn't you say? Not in a storm like this, there won't!" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, to see my sweet Mila again... My precious little daughter... I worry so over her welfare. I can't recall the last time I slept more than a wink!" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...It's difficult to tell. Yes. Difficult. You see, my one and only daughter, Mila, was taken away from me to a frightening place called the Forsaken Fortress... I have asked many to rescue her, but it seems to be a difficult voyage to that cursed place..." — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I sincerely wonder about the wisdom of asking a boy like you to do this... But would you lend a hand to help rescue my precious daughter? Sure No way" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You are a brave boy to take on this task. I assure you, if you do rescue her, I will pay you...as much money as it takes. I'd give my entire fortune for her safety!" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Fortunately, not everyone in this world fails to deliver. As it turns out, my dear Mila was saved by a group of kind pirates. The pirates had a leader... Tetra, I believe she said her name was. I was most grateful. She did demand a rather hefty reward, though... Thanks to them, my fortune has vanished! ...We've hit rock bottom!" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ah... It's you... The little boy who promises big promises and then fails to deliver on them. Hmph. Too bad you couldn't save my daughter." — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Just recently, my missing daughter, Mila, was returned to me. I didn't think I could ever feel more joyful... But then she went and started working at the shop to help out with our tight family finances! What a trooper! Could that girl be any more of an angel?" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Although...I do worry about how she always seems to sneak out at night... Is there any shop in this town that's open at night?" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "If_and this is a huge, unlikely "if"_if you happen to find Mila about to do some dishonorable act, will you stop her for me? Just do it if you catch her in the act. Not that she ever would, but if she does, just jump out and stop her! Please!" — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "My daughter and I have managed to eke out a decent life, and in the process, I've realized a great truth... There is something more important than money in the world..." — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I think at long last I've finally come to understand just what true happiness really is. ...And I'm thankful for it." — Mila's Father, The Wind Waker.