Kamo is a character who lives on Windfall Island in The Wind Waker.
Kamo can be found sitting on the steps just outside of the Auction House. When Link asks him about finding a Sail, Kamo will tell him to shove off. He suggests talking to Zunari about a sail. Kamo seems very lonely and sticks to himself. He mumbles to himself seemingly upset when other islanders find success.
At nighttime, Kamo can be found near the top of Windfall Island, sitting on the railing just up the ladder from Mrs. Marie's School of Joy. He can be seen with a Telescope, staring up towards the heavans. He wonders what a kid like Link is doing out at a time like this. Kamo seems much more at peace at nighttime, as sitting out and gazing at the night sky seems to bring him joy. He encourages Link to pull out his Telescope and take a look at the moon.
Despite the rain during the Endless Night, Kamo will still be on the higher ledge, sitting in the rain with his Telescope. He mentions that he saw some strangers on the island and they went towards the Bomb Shop.
I Wish I Was the Moon
- Main article: I Wish I Was the Moon
If Link speaks with Kamo during the daytime, he can him that he understands Kamo. Kamo will then task him with bringing a picture of something "perfectly pale and round". If Link is able to bring him such a picture, he will acknowledge that Link understands the inner workings of his heart and mind.
Once Link brings a colored picture of the full moon to the troubled Kamo, he apologizes for making Link go through all that trouble, and rewards him with a Treasure Chart 31. Since Kamo doesn't have a boat and cannot leave the island, he has no need for the Treasure Chart. He tells Link that tonight he'll be asking the night sky to guide Link in finding the treasure. From this point onward, Kamo is happier and feels rejuvenated.
Birthplace: Windfall Island
- Kamo is known as Andy Dandy in the Italian version of The Wind Waker.
Kamo sitting on the steps outside the Auction House
- ↑ "...You're looking for a sail? I have no idea where you'd find one. Do I look like a sailor to you? Look, I'm feeling down right now, so shove off, will you? Drop anchor elsewhere." — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmph! Nobody understands how I feel. ...Do me a favor? Beat it! What a jerk! How did he manage that?! Right under my nose! But I guess he IS an all-right guy..." — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Yo! Hold up! ...What's a kid like you doing out at a time like this? Are you out to take a look at the heavens, too? In that case, you'll get a better view from over here." — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "A lot of people collect things as a hobby. Me, I just like to sit and gaze at the night sky. That's all the hobby I need." — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "If you have anything that's good for looking at the night sky, have a look at that moon. I highly recommend it." — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I just saw some strangers here in town. They went over toward the bomb shop. ...Why would they be going there?" — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You pesky little brat! Nobody understands how I feel! Do you hear me? Nobody! Not you! Not anybody! Wait... Are you trying to tell me that you DO understand how I feel? Completely I couldn't care less" — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...Oh, really? Then how about a little test to see if you really do! I want you to show me a picture of the first perfectly round, pale thing you can think of." — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "If you show me something that's exactly the same as my favorite thing, then you win, and I'll acknowledge...that you understand the inner workings of my heart and mind. It's quite a simple little riddle, isn't it? Quickly, now! Bring it to me!" — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oooooh! That's right! That certainly is the pictograph I'm looking for! The correct answer is exactly what you've shown me: the full moon! Unrequited love may have twisted me up inside, but I can still find peace when I gaze at the timeless moon... And of all her phases, I particularly love gazing at the full moon! I know I caused you a lot of trouble, but...thanks! I really mean it! I want you to have this for all your efforts. Just a little reward for easing the pain of this troubled heart." — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "This supposedly has a spot on it that marks where some sunken treasure lies. I don't have a boat, so I can't leave this island to go look for it anyway. Tonight I'll be asking the night sky to help you find the treasure! Best of luck!" — Kamo, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Wow! I feel totally rejuvenated, and its all because of you! ...Thanks a lot!" — Kamo, The Wind Waker.