When Link, Tetra and Gonzo are in a conversation after Aryll was taken by the Helmaroc King, Quill jumps in and says if the pirates had not come to Outset Island, Aryll would not have been snatched away, and says that girls have been kidnapped from all regions of the Great Sea to the Forsaken Fortress, because of their pointy ears.
When Link arrives at Dragon Roost Island, Quill is a bit surprised to see him, stating that Link has traveled quite a distance for somebody with no wings. After hearing that Aryll is still being held captive at the Forsaken Fortress, Quill tells Link not too worry, as he's sure she'll hang in there.
When Quill traveled back to Dragon Roost Island, he tells his people about Link's sister having been taken. Quill encourages Link to meet with the Rito Chieftain. Quill will then fly on ahead, telling Link to follow behind. When Link heads inside, he sees Quill and the Rito Chieftain discussing the situation with Valoo. Quill suggests to the Chieftan that maybe Link can help out with the Chieftan's son, Prince Komali. After the discussion, Quill gives Link the Delivery Bag and suggests seeking out Medli in one of the upper rooms.
After Link helps Medli enter Dragon Roost Cavern, Quill will appear back in the main part of Dragon Roost. He mentions that he got word that someone grabbed a girl who looked like Medli and tossed her. Quill has no idea that Link actually helped Medli, and instead, Quill tells Link to just stay back and look after Komali.
Link can later find Quill on Greatfish Isle, the island that has been tormented, and he informs Link that Jabun was located here, and that he had the time to flee before settling at Outset Island. Quill mentions that he informed Tetra's Pirates of Jabun's presence at Outset Island. It caused them to set sail in that direction, but they were unable to break the stone slab that Jabun is hiding behind. Quill then mentions that the Pirates have since traveled to Windfall Island, and he encourages Link to head in that direction.
Birthplace: Dragon Roost Island
- ↑ "Just be quiet for a moment, and I'll tell you! Now, as my work entails delivering letters, I spend much of my time traveling amongst the many different islands. As a result, I hear many things... Haven't any of you heard word that young girls have been getting kidnapped lately from all regions of the Great Sea? No matter. Whether you've heard it or not, that seems to be the case. Young girls with long ears like yours have been getting kidnapped, never to be seen again. And unless my eyes fail me, the young girl who was just kidnapped from this island also has long ears, does she not? Much like YOU do, Miss Fearsome Pirate. My point is that the bird mistook that poor girl for you, and that's why it grabbed her!" — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "[Link]? [Link], is that you? It is! I'm pleased to see you're OK. I must say... You've traveled far for one with no wings..." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "And your sister? Is she... Is that so? Well, don't worry too much. I'm sure she'll hang in there." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I have an idea, [Link]. Would you like to meet our chieftain? I've told my people here about you, and all of us Rito are very concerned. I'm certain the chieftain will befriend you and lend you the aid of our aerie. It's settled, then! I'll fly on ahead and let everyone know you're coming. Come inside, [Link]! I'll be waiting!" — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Chieftain, what do you think of consulting [Link] with regards to your son, Prince Komali? As you can see, [Link] is a gallant young lad! I feel certain that Prince Komali would open his heart to him and speak freely of his fears and worries." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Here, [Link], take this with you! Who knows? It might come in handy." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You should find Medli in one of the upper rooms. Leave the great Valoo to us. In the meanwhile, do your best to aid Prince Komali!" — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Just now, some fellow told me that he saw some unfamiliar creatures near Dragon Roost Cavern... He said that they grabbed a girl that looked like Medli... ...Which is odd, because I know Medli can't fly well enough to get to the Dragon Roost Cavern entrance by herself. So I figure it must be some sort of mix-up. It IS a bit disconcerting, though... This whole business of someone resembling Medli getting snatched near Dragon Roost Cavern has got to some kind of mistake. Still, I'm going to wait here for a while and watch things extra-carefully. Don't worry, [Link]. Just look after Prince Komali." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Ho, there! [Link]! So, you're here! I've been looking for you! Are you by chance seeking the great spirit, Jabun? I'm sorry to report to you that Jabun can no longer be found here. Just look at how this place has been torn to pieces... I suppose this, too, is the work of the shadow in Forsaken Fortress. But fear not! Jabun was able to flee this island before it was attacked. He is in a safer abode now. Would you like to guess where that abode may be? ...On the island where you were born. On Outset." — Quill, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Yet even if you were to go to Outset now, you would not be able to see Jabun. The cave where he hides is sealed with a mighty stone slab that repels all who try to pass it. Why, not even the pirates with their mighty ship could get in... ...I must apologize, [Link]. I thought if anyone would know of your whereabouts, it would be the pirates. I told them this tale without so much as a thought for the consequences. I don't know what they hoped to get, but they immediately set sail for Outset Island and tried to break into the cave. ...It is lucky they could not gain entrance. I have heard that they were last spotted on Windfall Island, but doing what, I do not know. If you wish to see Jabun, I think you'd better search for the pirates on Windfall Island." — Quill, The Wind Waker.