Gillian is a character in the The Wind Waker who resides on Windfall Island.
The Wind Waker
Gillian is a worker at the Cafe Bar on Windfall Island. She was born on Windfall Island, and has lived there her whole life. It is known that at one point, she used to have a boyfriend, but she never speaks of him. When Link speaks to a certain Fishman, he talks about how he and Gillian used to watch the lighthouse together. It may be possible that this is the boyfriend Gillian refuses to talk about.
When Link first arrives at the Cafe Bar, Gillian will refer to him as a small customer, but he is still free to look around. Gillian tells Link that at nighttime, the cafe fills up with sour, swarthy sailors. She mentions that there is a Shop Ship around the island that shows up, only at nighttime, selling various goods. Gillian implies that while during the day, Windfall seems like a nice and pretty place to be, it can be a bit darker and shadier, come nightfall.
At nighttime, the Care Bar is filled with rough and tough sailors. Gillian will comment to Link that this isn't a time for a kid like him to be here and strongly encouragse Link to go home. Gillian will also comment about Zunari, hearing that Zunari is hiding an incredible treasure down there at the shop below. He seems to come up to the Cafe Bar to brag about it.
During the Endless Night, Tetra's Pirates come ashore at Windfall Island. Gillian is afraid that they will come to her coffeehouse and start causing problems.
Birthplace: Windfall Island
Gillian inside the Cafe Bar
- ↑ "Gillian Birthplace: Windfall Island Workplace: The Cafe Bar Gillian manages the cafe in place of her now-ill father. It seems she once had a boyfriend, but that info is TOP SECRET!" — Figurine Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I wonder how long it's been since the light in Windfall's lighthouse went dark... It was quite a grand sight, I tell you, the way that ray of light shone out like a shaft of gold through the cold darkness. I used to gaze at it with dear Gillian... Anyway, I bet if someone could shoot a powerful spark into the top of that lighthouse, it would light up again! Of course, that's just my intuition talking... Then again, you should never doubt a fish's intuition, small fry!" — Fishman, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Welcome! Oh, my! You're a very small customer, aren't you? Well, that's fine, of course. You just feel free to look around!" — Gillian, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "When night falls around here, this place fills up with all these sour, swarthy sailors." — Gillian, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "In fact, there's this little boat called the Shop Ship that shows up at night and cruises around the island selling things. I'm not sure what the story is with that. I guess what I'm trying to tell you here is that this town has two faces: the nice, pretty one you see in the day and the darker, shadier one you see at night. ...But I suppose that's too heavy a concept for a youngster like yourself, eh?" — Gillian, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Just a second, there, kid! ...Look, this isn't any time for a kid like you to be coming in here! Just trust me, OK? Go on, now! Go home!" — Gillian, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...Don't you know? The hooded guy who runs the little stall downstairs... I think his name is Zunari... Anyway, he's been hiding an incredible treasure down there. That's what he says, anyway. Something incredible. The fact is, he comes up here all the time just to brag about it. To be honest, I'm pretty tired of hearing about it, whatever it is." — Gillian, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Is it true that pirates have invaded our peaceful little island? That's terrible news! What am I supposed to do if they come to my coffee house and start raising a ruckus?!" — Gillian, The Wind Waker.