Used as bait
"You got All-Purpose Bait! Animals will be drawn to this gourmet pet food the moment you put it down. (It has three portions.) Choose your Bait Bag on the Items screen, then set this bait to [Y], [Z], or [X] to use it!"
The All-Purpose Bait is an item from The Wind Waker. It can be bought in groups of three from Beedle's Boat for 10 Rupees, and kept in the Bait Bag.
Despite being just bait, this food certainly lives up to its name as "all-purpose". If Link scatters some of this bait on the ocean's surface near a Fishman, he will in turn mark the location of the island that he is currently at on Link's Sea Chart. If he scatters some in front of a rat's hole, it will come out and sell him items, including Potions or even more bait. Also, if bait is placed on the ground in front of the giant pig on Outset Island, it will dig into the ground it is standing on, possibly unearthing items such as Rupees or even a Piece of Heart.
- ↑ "You got All-Purpose Bait! Animals will be drawn to this gourmet pet food the moment you put it down. (It has three portions.) Choose your Bait Bag on the Items screen, then set this bait to [Y], [Z], or [X] to use it!" — In-Game Description, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "All-Purpose Bait (3 servings) 10 Rupees Good things happen to those who feed this stuff to animals! Do you have a bait bag, O fine customer of mine?" — Beedle, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "That's all I can teach you, small fry! But I will do this for you, since I'm feeling so generous: I'll send word to all my brethren living near the islands of the Great Sea. Good bunch of fish. If you see a fish leaping out of the water when you sail near an island, sail up to it and spread bait out on the water's surface. Trust me, this is good advice, fry. See, the baiting process allows you to get a chart of the island, along with any info that might be of use to you. I HIGHLY recommend you make a habit of doing so. See, you're definitely going to need a reliable Sea Chart to help you search for things out at sea. I can't emphasize that enough, fry. You NEED a well-drawn chart. If you don't get a chart for every island you come across, it'll just be a bigger hassle for you later on! Now don't say I never did anything for you, fry!" — Fishman, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "And that's all the info I've got to offer! If you want to hear it again, you'll have to throw some more bait on the water for me! Sorry, but that's my policy, fry! I can't go fighting evil on an empty stomach, you know!" — Fishman, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "[Link], have you seen any filthy, thieving rats around? I know they are annoying, but keep your wits about you...they are only rats! If you spread bait near their nest, they may share their store of treasure with you. Why don't you try it?" — King of Red Lions, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "You know our pet pig? Well, to be honest... We named him after you! Lucky you! He's very smart, just like you. And just like you, when you feed him some bait, he starts digging with all his might until he digs up treasure. ...Wait, you don't do that!" — Rose, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Our pig is really smart, just like you. But unlike you, when you feed him some bait, he starts digging with all his might until he digs up treasure." — Rose, The Wind Waker.