Hyrule Castle (Stage)
- This article is about the stage in the first level of Four Swords Adventures. For the dungeon in Twilight Princess, see Hyrule Castle (Twilight Princess). For for the recurring landmark, see Hyrule Castle. For the dungeon in A Link to the Past, see Hyrule Castle (A Link to the Past).
Rescue the Blue Maiden
Hyrule Castle is the third and final stage of Whereabouts of the Wind, the first level in Four Swords Adventures. The stage takes place almost entirely in and around Hyrule Castle, which is swamped by Soldiers and other enemies. Like many other elements of the game do, the inside and outside of the castle greatly resemble the castle from A Link to the Past. This version, however, is much larger and contains many more rooms and enemies.
Features and Story
When the Links arrive at the castle, the entrance is locked, forcing them to find a secret underground entrance. This entrance leads them to a switch that will open the main gate and allow them inside. After entering the Links must make their way through the rooms, hallways, and even walk on the roofs to progress. The Links will eventually reach an open courtyard with a Chief Soldier and a horde of Soldiers that will attempt to stop them from progressing.
After defeating these enemies the Links can access the next area where a River Zora is looking for help to make her body whole once again. After doing so the Zora is revealed to be the Queen of Fairies. The Queen immediately helps the Links by destroying all of the on-screen enemies with magic and removing the barrier blocking the way forward. The Fairy Queen then thanks the Links and promises to alert all other fairies of their quest.
Hyrule Castle is revisited during the fourth level, Near the Fields. The stage is named Infiltration of Hyrule Castle and is the last stage of the level. It takes place at night and requires stealth, where the Links explore different areas of the Castle.
- ↑ "I heard the maidens' cries and came running to find the castle a nest of fiends. They captured me and split me in two. That's why I look so horrible right now! Please, I beg of you. Reunite my two halves! Make me whole again!" — Fairy Queen, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]I didn't think I would ever be allowed to reclaim my true form as a Great Fairy again! Thank you so much, brave ones!" — Fairy Queen, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]Uh-oh! It looks like those soldiers have noticed us. I'll take care of this!" — Fairy Queen, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "Oh, happy day! Thank you! Now, at last, we can merge as one, and I can return to my true form! Please take me to the barrier that blocked your way. I'll do my best to aid you on your journey!" — Fairy Queen, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]So this is the magical barrier that barred your way? Allow me to take care of this." — Fairy Queen, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]I'll let all of my friends throughout Hyrule know... "If you run into four travelers with one face, tend to their weariness and ease the burden of their travels!" There is a tradition that young, noble gentlemen rescue damsels in distress. And so, I leave the well-being of the maidens in your hands. Take care!" — Fairy Queen, Four Swords Adventures.