To obtain it, Link must have the Odd Potion. He must then travel to the Lost Woods, taking the first left from the entrance, to the place where the Young Punk is located. However, he will only find Fado there, who will tell him that anyone who's not a Kokiri will get lost in the Lost Woods and will become a Stalfos. She will also say that only his saw is left. She will ask Link to give back the Odd Potion, saying it belongs to the woods, and will give him the Poacher's Saw in return (the one the Young Punk left behind). Link must then give the saw to the Master Craftsman, the boss of the Carpenters, who will be standing on the far side of the Gerudo Valley. If Link has already rescued the carpenters, the bridge will be built, otherwise he must either use the Longshot or jump with Epona. He must then give the saw to the Master Craftsman, who will give him the Broken Goron's Sword in return, saying he wanted to go to the town to have it fixed but it's not much use to him anyway.
The Master Craftsman wants his saw back.
- ↑ "That guy isn't here anymore. Anybody who comes into the forest will be lost. Everybody will become a Stalfos. Everybody, Stalfos. So, he's not here anymore. Only his saw is left. Hee hee." — Fado, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "That medicine is made of forest mushrooms. Give it back! Yes No" — Fado, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I am a master craftsman. Those Gerudo thieves...they broke the bridge. I want to fix it, but all of my workers are gone! They said working as carpenters isn't cool, and they went to the Gerudo's Fortress to become thieves..." — Master Craftsman, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hey, that saw! It's mine! But... I thought I left that saw with my old lady... Oh well..." — Master Craftsman, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "My Biggoron tool broke, so I was going to Goron City to get it repaired. Your coming here is great timing. Will you give me my saw? Yes No" — Master Craftsman, Ocarina of Time.