|Française||Masque de Gerudo|
"You borrowed a Gerudo Mask. Wear it with (C) to show it off! This mask will make you look like...a girl?"
The Gerudo Mask is a mask obtainable in Ocarina of Time that looks like a Gerudo woman, being beautiful and exotic. According to the Lake Scientist in Lake Hylia, the mask has very fine craftsmanship, but it might not make a good ingredient for his medicine. Link can borrow the mask from the Happy Mask Shop after he has borrowed and sold the first four masks. Link can use the mask as a great lady's disguise with its charming eyes.
Many people across Hyrule have different reactions to the mask when Link wears it. While some Hyruleans think that Link is a pretty, Gerudo woman, other people know that Link is wearing a mask. However, some people show hatred or are scared by the mask since of the reputation of the Gerudo. Although the purpose of the mask is to be disguised as a Gerudo woman, one of the carpenters confuses Link for Mutoh, his boss. Another carpenter says that someday he will carve a mask similar to the Gerudo Mask once he has more skill. Confusing Link for his mother when wearing it, the blue Laughing Man in the Market soon realizes that Link isn't his mom and tells him not to scare him like that. Similarly, Mutoh and Talon are reminded by the Gerudo Mask of their wife but notice that the mask looks nothing like their wife. Unlike some men, the Bean Seller feels that the Gerudo Mask is not his style. When talking to the Gorons and some Guards, they won't comment on Link when he is wearing the mask. When worn around the Zora tribe, they comment on how they have seen people like that before. King Zora tells Link that the mask gives him chills.
If Link wears the Gerudo Mask while talking to a Gerudo woman, she tells him that he has guts for wearing the mask, but he cannot fool them that easily. Nabooru, a member of the Gerudo race, comments on how it looks like her, but shortly after, she takes back her comment as if you look closely at the mask, the resemblance disappears according to her.
- ↑ "Carved to resemble the face of a Gerudo, this comical mask allows its owner to masquerade as a female thief." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Gerudo Mask
- ↑ "These masks disguise you as one of the different peoples around Hyrule." — Nintendo Power Ocarina of Time Strategy Guide, pg. 146
- ↑ "A mask that looks like a Gerudo Woman. It is both beautiful and exotic." — Items Menu Description, Ocarina of Time 3D
- ↑ "Ahhh...yes. Let's see... Very fine craftsmanship. But I don't think it would make a good ingredient for my medicine." — Lake Scientist, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Now that you've completed the mask-trading game, not only do you have access to the Mask of Truth, but you can also borrow three additional masks: Goron Mask, Zora Mask, and Gerudo Mask." — Nintendo Power Ocarina of Time Strategy Guide, pg. 146
- ↑ " Gerudo Mask -- Free to Borrow With its charming eyes, it makes a great lady's disguise." — In-Game Description, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I'm sorry. I don't even want to look at any other woman!" — Darling, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Oooh, what a pretty lady! But you're kind of short, aren't you?" — Sakon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ 9.1 9.2 "One startled male villager will fear you're his mother, while many of the other men will fancy you in the disguise." — Nintendo Power Issue 117, pg. 50
- ↑ "Walking around masked all the time... Didn't your parents teach you any manners?" — Woman in the Market, Ocarina of Time 3D
- ↑ "Hmm...well...don't you have any other masks?" — Child in the Market, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "What?! You came back! I can tell who you are, even with that mask on!" — Kokiri, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I hate Gerudos!!" — Darunia, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "AAAAAAAAAAAH! A GERUDO!!!! Wha-? A mask? Why do you have a mask like that?!" — Man in the Market, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Oh no! You're scary! Don't come any closer!" — Woman in the Market, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "The Gerudos don't have the best reputation in Hyrule, and when you wear the Gerudo Mask to pose as one of the female thieves, you'll frighten many a Hyrule Market shopper." — Nintendo Power Issue 117, pg. 50
- ↑ "Oh, sorry boss! I didn't mean to slack off! I'll get busy! Oh, that's not you, boss?" — One of the Carpenters, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Someday, when I have more skill, I'll carve a mask like that one!" — One of the Carpenters, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Uh-oh! I'm sorry, mom! Oh...hey, it's you! Don't scare me like that!" — Blue Laughing Man, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hey, that reminds me of my wife... On second thought, it doesn't... It doesn't look like her at all!" — Mutoh and Talon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Chomp chomp chomp... Nope, it's not my style." — Bean Seller, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hrrrrm... I don't know what to say." — Gorons, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hmm, well, I don't really know what to say about that one..." — Guards, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Red hair...tan skin... I've seen people like that before..." — Zoras, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "That face...it gives me the chills..." — King Zora, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Hey, kid, you've got guts coming around here wearing that! Still, you can't fool us that easily!" — Gerudo, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "Well-versed in deception and trickery, the Gerudo women will see through your disguise to make it a drag for you to pose as one of the female thieves." — Nintendo Power Issue 117, pg. 50
- ↑ "Wear these masks and go speak to the corresponding people to hear how they address one of their own...provided they actually fall for the ruse." — Nintendo Power Ocarina of Time Strategy Guide, pg. 146
- ↑ "That's odd...it kind of looks like me... No...not really. Not at all, if you look at it closely." — Nabooru, Ocarina of Time.