Talon is a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda series, appearing mainly in Lon Lon Ranch, and every time he is accompanied along with his daughter, Malon. He is known by being carefree and generally lazy, leaving all of his work for Malon and Ingo to tend to.
Ocarina of Time
Talon is the lazy owner of Lon Lon Ranch, found in the center of Hyrule Field. He bears a resemblance to Mario from the Mario Bros series, with the other ranch hand, Ingo, bearing a resemblance to Luigi. He is a rather portly fellow, sporting a bald head and mustache, wearing jean overalls, a red undershirt, brown boots, and as another easter egg, a Bowser pin like Malon's. He seems to be very lazy and sleeps almost all day and all night. His daughter is Malon, whom he entrusts the horse Epona to.
Link first meets Talon sleeping outside the back door to Hyrule Castle, having fallen asleep while delivering Lon Lon Milk. Link wakes him up with a Cucco given to him by Malon, and Talon wakes up with a jolt, rushing back to the ranch. At the ranch, Talon will let Link play the Super Cucco Game, where Link must find the three special Cuccos before the time limit runs out. Successfully winning this mini-game will result in Link earning a bottle of Lon Lon Milk, and some joking from Talon about if Link wants to marry Malon. After Link drinks the Milk, he can retain the empty bottle.
During the seven years Link is sealed, Talon is kicked off the ranch by Ingo. He can be found sleeping in a house in Kakariko Village, and can be woken by the Pocket Cucco as part of the Trading Sequence. When Link frees the ranch by defeating Ingo in a race, Talon no longer sleeps all the time and says he will turn over a new leaf, returning to the ranch to work hard.
Oracle of Seasons
Four Swords Adventures
Talon in Four Swords Adventures lives in a house in The Field with his daughter Malon. Malon gets stuck in the rain one day, and she asks the Links to accompany her home. When she returns home, Talon is happy to see her. She tells him how the Soldiers have been acting strange, and he agrees that it is unusual. He then thanks the Links and tells them that they can take a carrot to summon a horse from his farm in order to travel. He also tells them that they can take anything from their storehouse.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Talon lives in the Lon Lon Ranch with his daughter Malon, east of Hyrule Town. Talon later loses the key to the ranch. Link can retrieve a spare key, allowing Malon and Talon to enter the ranch. After this, Talon can be found inside the house and Link can then pass through on his way to Lake Hylia.
Link is able to fuse Green Kinstones at various points in the game with Talon. As it is a Green Kinstone fusion, it is not set to a specific treasure chest, but instead, one of the many possible treasure chests. There is one random Red Kinstone within the game that opens up a location in the Hyrule Castle Garden leading to a Piece of Heart, as well as a random Blue Kinstone that opens up a tree in North Hyrule Field leading to a Fairy Fountain. Talon is one of the many characters in which Link can make this Kinstone fusion with.
- ↑ "It's so much fun here! I wonder why that girl does nothing but weep. Don't even bother talking to her. She's no fun." — Malon, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]Oh... Malon! You're late! The rain's coming down so hard, I was beginning to worry! In fact, I'd gotten so worried that I was about to go looking for you!" — Talon, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]To tell the truth, Poppa, these young boys rescued me! The soldiers in the castle were behaving so oddly, and I couldn't get past them. They were moving the old cannons around...and they even aimed their bows at me!" — Malon, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]What? Really? That IS strange. Something must have gotten into them. What could be going on? I wonder if something's happened at Hyrule Castle. Malon, I'm just glad that you made it home safely. It sounded like a close call!" — Talon, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "[sfx]My thanks to all of you for saving my poor Malon! I'd love to give you a token of my gratitude! Hmmm...let's see... I've got it! If you're going to continue your trip, you should go on horseback! Those castle guards are sure to be headed this way, and there are more ahead, too. You'll be much safer riding my swift horses, I'm sure! Our farm's right next door. We've lots of carrots around, so take some with you. Those horses love carrots! They'll come running if you've got some handy. Thank you once again! I'll never forget what you've done!" — Talon, Four Swords Adventures.
- ↑ "We're so scared that we do nothing but sit at home and stare at the walls. Oh yeah, at the bottom of the stairs in front of our house, there's a storeroom. It's full of stuff we never use, so if you see anything you need, just take it!" — Talon, Four Swords Adventures.