|This article is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by.|
Masks are one of many recurring devices in The Legend of Zelda series. Wearing a mask may alter certain actions or change Link in some way, shape, or form. However, some masks are just for decoration. In Majora's Mask, masks are an integral part of the gameplay, with a total of 24 masks in the game, some of which allow Link to grow in size, change form, etc.
Ocarina of Time
There are 8 masks in Ocarina of Time, half of which need to be traded in order to unlock the rest. This makes up one of the simple side quests found in this game, called the Happy Mask Side Quest. These masks must be sold to certain people throughout Hyrule. Once all the masks are sold to the many denizens, the Happy Mask Salesman gives Link the Mask of Truth as a reward and also lets him borrow three new masks: the Gerudo Mask, Goron Mask, and Zora Mask. Though the Deku, Goron, and Zora Masks do nothing besides different comments from people, the Mask of Truth allows Link to speak to Gossip Stones found throughout Hyrule. Additionally, the Deku Scrubs in the Forest Stage react differently depending on the mask shown. This is necessary in order to obtain item upgrades.
[Show All Masks in Majora's Mask]
- Boss Masks
When Link obtains all masks, he is able to make a sort of wager with the Moon Children in order to obtain the final transformation mask, Fierce Deity's Mask, which allows the wearer to change into Fierce Deity Link for the duration of a boss battle.
Other masks are often obtained through side quests and can have both helpful and useless effects.
Oracle of Ages
- Main article: Doggie Mask
In Oracle of Ages, there is but one mask in the game, but it cannot be worn and it can only be used as part of the Trading Sequence. Link receives the Doggie Mask from the Happy Mask Salesman and he can trade the Doggie Mask to Mamamu Yan in Lynna City for the Dumbbell.
Breath of the Wild
- Main article: Bokoblin Mask
- Main article: Lizalfos Mask
- Main article: Moblin Mask
- Main article: Lynel Mask
There are four masks in Breath of the Wild: the Bokoblin, Moblin, Lizalfos, and Lynel masks, which allow Link to blend in with the monster corresponding with the mask. They can be bought at Kilton's shop for different amounts of Mon.
Different helms and headwear are also in the game.
|This section describes a subject that is or may be outside the core Zelda canon.|
- Main article: Mask (Hyrule Warriors)
- In Majora's Mask, there is a Star Fox reference on the Mask menu. On the second row, each of the masks resemble characters. The Keaton Mask represents Fox, the bird-like Bremen Mask is Falco, the Bunny Hood is Peppy, Don Gero's Mask is Slippy, and the Mask of Scents is Pigma.
- In Majora's Mask, on the back of the Happy Mask Salesman's backpack, there is a Mask resembling the face of Mario, the title character from the Super Mario series.
- On the wall to the left of Carlov in the Nintendo Gallery in The Wind Waker, there are a few masks from both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The masks visible are the Bunny Hood, All-Night Mask, Goron Mask, and Keaton Mask.