- This article is about the Sage from A Link Between Worlds. For the child from Skyward Sword, see Gully.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Zelda Dungeon Wiki by expanding it.|
Gulley is a character featured in A Link Between Worlds and serves as one of the Seven Sages.
He is a young boy around the same age as Link and is the son of the Blacksmith. He is the very first character encountered by Link in the game when he wakes Link up inside of Link's House. Link is late for work, and once he awakens, Gulley explains to him how to use the Weather Vane to save his progress. Gulley then runs off and leads Link to the Blacksmith's House.
After the initial stages of the game, Gulley can be found in Gulley's Woods, a secluded area located south of the Blacksmith's house. If Link speaks to him, Gulley tells Link that animals always approach him.
When Link fights Yuga at the Eastern Palace, Gulley goes missing. His mother, the Blacksmith's Wife, is looking for Gulley and mentions that he ran off to play in the wooded area to the south. If Link explores Gulley's Woods, he finds the Pouch that Gulley actually intended to give to Link, which allows Link to carry a second item.
After Link gathers the three Pendants of Virtue, he finds out that Gulley is one of the descendants of the Seven Sages and has been captured by Yuga. He becomes trapped in a painting and used to revive Ganon, and then he can be found at the Dark Palace in eastern Lorule, corresponding to the location of the Eastern Palace in Hyrule.
Gulley, along with the six other sages, uses his power to give Link the Triforce of Courage and also works to break the barrier that is surrounding Lorule Castle. After Link defeats Yuga Ganon and completes the quest, Gulley can be seen back at Gulley's Woods.
- Gulley bears a resemblance to the Flute Boy from A Link to the Past. This appears to be an intentional reference as Gulley's Woods are located where the Flute Boy is originally found.
- ↑ "Papa was really angry. He said that you can't be a blacksmith if you don't get up at the crack of dawn!" — Gulley, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Papa is steaming mad that you're late again. C'mon, let's get to his shop." — Gulley, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hey, Link! Huh. Still Sleeping. WAKE UP! Come on! How long are you going to sleep, Link? Do I have to wake you up every morning? I have chores to do! I'll be waiting outside, so get up-and let's get going!" — Gulley, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Oh, almost forgot! Don't forget to check in here. What do you mean, where? With the weather vane here! Always give that a spin when you pass by. That'll let you save. Papa says you should always do that. …Hmm. Not real sure what saving is. I'm just a kid. Nobody tells me anything." — Gulley, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Anyway, I'm going to run on ahead. Catch up after you spin that vane, Link." — Gulley, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hey, you've come to play with me, Link? So did all those animals! They always come running when I show up. They run off if anyone else comes along… I wonder why. The more the merrier-that's what I think!" — Gulley, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Have you seen my little Gulley anywhere, Link? I'm sure he's just playing somewhere nearby. But people have been talking about…monsters. If you happen to find him, tell him to hurry home, all right?" — Blacksmith's Wife, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Pfft...hahaha! Did you fall for it? I'm not scared! Why would I be? I'm a Sevensage!" — Gulley, A Link Between Worlds