The Bouldering Guy is a character who appears in A Link Between Worlds. He is a fearless boulderer who often climbs Death Mountain. His latest expedition took place east of the Tower of Hera. He also is a regular at Hyrule's Milk Bar.
He is first heard from when Link discovers a Letter in a Bottle at Lake Hylia. In it, the Bouldering Guy explains that while trying to scale Death Mountain without equipment, he fell and got injured. However, some Premium Milk from the Milk Bar would help rejuvenate him.
After reading this letter, Link can find him on a ledge near the Tower of Hera where, as the letter said, he is stuck with a twisted ankle. He is surprised but pleased that Link found the letter that he threw out to the lake. Though he admits that it would not be a bad end for a boulderer, he reasserts that he would love some premium milk in order to heal.
Immediately recognizing the person behind the situation described in the bottled letter, the Milk Bar Owner gives Link the premium milk to take to the Bouldering Guy for free. He tells Link that the Bouldering Guy is a regular customer at his establishment whose business he cannot afford to lose. He also wonders if the Bouldering Guy will make it past the Tower of Hera.
Upon returning, the Bouldering Guy is thrilled that Link has brought him the milk and demands to drink it. After, the Bouldering Guy apologizes for consuming all of the milk and asks Link to take away its Empty Bottle. Finally, his ankle heals, and he thankfully informs Link that he will eventually head down the mountain slowly.
Later, Link finds the Bouldering Guy at the Milk Bar. He thanks Link for saving him so that he could taste the bar's creamy milk again.
- ↑ "I was up on the mountain doing some bouldering... when I lost my grip. And fell. And sort of hurt myself. Eh, all in the day of a boulderer. Going climbing without equipment isn't for the faint of heart!" — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Anyway, I'm stuck on the mountain way past the Tower of Hera, and I could really go for some premium milk! Yeah, that'd really get me up and going again. So if you're at the Milk Bar, pick some up for me!" — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Ugh, how embarrassing... I was bouldering along just fine when I slipped and fell. I twisted my ankle. Now I'm stuck." — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Ha! No way! You really found my letter in a bottle? I threw that out to the lake! Yeah, always had a good arm." — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "But wait. Didn't you read it? I'm desperate for some tasty premium milk up here. I gotta get some of that, or I'm never going to get off this hunk of rock." — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Not a bad way to end my days, being a boulderer and all. But still, what I wouldn't give for a drink of premium milk from the Milk Bar." — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Welcome! Care for an icy-cold glass of–! Whuh? You heard about premium milk? How'd you find out about the good stuff? I see... A message in a bottle. And from someone stranded up on the mountain? Could only be one guy. He's a tricky customer. Sorry to ask, but could you take this premium milk to him? I bet it would help him heal up in no time." — Milk Bar Owner, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "He's a regular at my establishment who loves exploring the mountain. Last time he was in here, I think he said his next expedition would take him east of the Tower of Hera." — Milk Bar Owner, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "That customer of mine who likes going up the mountain... I can't believe how far he's pushing himself. I wonder if he'll actually make it past the Tower of Hera..." — Milk Bar Owner, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hey, guy. W-w-wait! Is that what I THINK is it? Milk?! Ice-cold milk! And not just any milk, but some premium milk? GIMME!" — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Ahhh! That really hit the spot—best milk in the kingdom, right? Uh, wait. Oops. Did I drink the whole thing? Sorry, friend. And after you came all this way. Well, how about doing me another favor? Here, take this garbage away. Don't want to leave trash on the mountain, right?" — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "OK, my ankle's all spiffed up now that I've had some premium milk. Still, going to take it slow before I head back down. Thanks again! You're a boulderer's best bud." — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Hey, you there. Thanks for your help before! I really gotta say thanks. I wouldn't have ever tasted this creamy milk without your assistance!" — Bouldering Guy, A Link Between Worlds