Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Philosopher is a character who appears in A Link Between Worlds. As the counterpart of the Priest, he is found in a cave within Lorule, in the same location as the Sanctuary of Hyrule. According to him, the area does not receive many visitors. The area is very dark, and when Link lights a torch with the Lantern, the Philosopher seems very surprised, as he has not seem the light for a long time. He laments that most of Lorule is now being controlled by the Masked Elder and his followers. Knowing his people's neglect of the gods, he warns Link that the end is near. If Link speaks with him directly, he further reveals that he is concerned that the gods have abandoned them.
- ↑ "No one bothers coming to this place anymore." — Philosopher, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "Ah, light...! How long has it been since I knew such a comfort? Three years...? Or an eternity...?" — Philosopher, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "The world outside has long darkened with the menace of the masked. *sigh* What is a little light against the rising dark?" — Philosopher, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "No one honors the gods anymore. So beware, child. The end is at hand." — Philosopher, A Link Between Worlds
- ↑ "But even I must wonder, have we abandoned the gods... or have they abandoned us?" — Philosopher, A Link Between Worlds